Hall of Fame - Hunting

Page  123 5>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hall of Fame - Hunting
    Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:24pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how about a Hall of Fame for this section as well? would be choice to see some cool pics from the hunters as well.....

EDIT:Good idea Kezza!
I line with other HOF's I will make it a sticky thread too.
I will keep this one tidy aswell so after posts with questions and congratulations have been up for a few days and people have moved on,I will hide post's so we have a library of cool pics...and not pages of banter.

Cheers falco

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 1:37pm
Catchit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

not a bad afternoon ?
"We gave Sir Peter a knighthood," Mr Key said, "And if we could give him a second one, we would."

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 2:50pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:30am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:03pm
paw View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not sure how this will come out -an old photo from the 1940s shot on Te Mai Station in the Wairarapa

sleeping is a symptom of caffeine deprivation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:28pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A few boil-ups ago but thought I'd share them anyhoo....

my first decent boar - Tauhara Forest circa 1983

Any guesses who got to share the tray with the hounds?...small comfort in the middle of a Taupo winter mind you.

My ol' man with a nice one...

Our hunting mate with a real nice one out of the pines - small set of hooks thou!

A BIG nasty one out of Kaiangaroa circa 1985

The mount on the left is the head of the pig on the back of the truck above and the one on the right is the one that my ol' man is standing next to above.

great days great days!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:47pm
Tomatron View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Pheasants! Any chance you could spec the 'AREA' (not location) you got them? I have seen a dark one like that but apparently you can also get green ones??? So want one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 3:49pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I suspect the dark one is a Melanistic. There are a few in the Kaitaia area getting raised and released.

Keen to hunt up there one weekend after ducks close if you want. i have a couple of contacts that can put us on a couple of good areas and get us land access
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:30pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup its a melanistic. I'm in a group that put down 440 birds in the King Country, a number of melanistic came through from day old chicks. Bushpig you wouldn't be bushie on another forum? Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Buzz. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:17pm
Buzz. View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Paw, that's a classic photo!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Youngfisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:11am
Youngfisherman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just out of curiosity what do pheasants taste like?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:19am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You could be right there Nic LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:07pm
tom1 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You should have posted the cigar shots Nick!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:20pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tom1 tom1 wrote:

You should have posted the cigar shots Nick!

LOL They are classic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:28pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:03pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dead deer pigs goats or whatever are ok but not pics of feral pests like catsĀ Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:24pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Carbine - I believe that you have had this discussion before!! Someones son or daughter who happens to look at this site doesn't want to see their dearly beloved 'Cuddles' 2nd cousin (spitting image in fact) hung up. One day if you are ever allowed to breed you might understand this!!!
I don't think anyone has an issue with destroying pests (I've shot the odd wild one myself), but there really is no need to risk upsetting people by repeating something that caused enough upset the first time. In other words, don't be a 'richardhead' or at least find somewhere else to put the richard posts if you can't control yourself!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bidstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:37pm
Bidstar View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I thought the pic of Carbine was great - there will be many on this site who will remember that face.  Funny where you come across people isnt it? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:40pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

great pics  hunters

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Page  123 5>