Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 678910 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barbary B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:31pm
Barbary B View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone been out with Snappercatchers on Wild Thing. Some friends are looking for an evening charter from Westhaven? Appreciate any advice even its its PMed.

"Look ahead, look astern, look to weather, look to lea
Look down along the coast of High Barbary..."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:33pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi ya,

Do you have a launch by the Name "Barbary B" up in the B.O.I

Lance

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barbary B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 1:35pm
Barbary B View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nope - the name came from my Buccanneer - which of course is a Barbary Buccanneer.

"Look ahead, look astern, look to weather, look to lea
Look down along the coast of High Barbary..."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mig fish crew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 9:12pm
mig fish crew View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone know of a good charter in Wellington?
Cheeeers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote part-timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013 at 10:40pm
part-timer View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by roy.nz roy.nz wrote:

Went on a work fishing trip yesterday. Kiwi angler was the operator and was dam good. Got a few kings on bored and a nice amount of snaps, nothing near our limits but enough for a feed. Rex the skip is a good bloke and his boat is in awesome condition and well cleaned and maintained.

Ive not been out on Kiwi Angler, but it was next to us last summer at the Tutukaka marina for a while. My Bro and I both had some good chats with Rex when we happend to be at the marina at the same time..

He seemed like a great guy... we shared info, he invited us onto his boat... even though we were never going to be customers... and I just got the impression from chatting to him that he wanted to put his charters onto the best fishing he could find..

I was really impressed...  and Ive never even been out fishing with him !!!Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:45pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Did a trip with Epic recently, probably best charter I have ever been on & I have been on a few.
Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ReelChixFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:04pm
ReelChixFish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As you can see in my latest report the girls and I had an awesome trip with Coastal Fishing Charters (Strictly Fishing) out to the Ranfurly Banks...  Aaron had a good look around for the fish and certainly put us on them - you can see that from the small selection of photos, we had no shortage of fish and a Jurassic MONSTER from the deep...
One of the only charters that offers a day trip out to the Banks too I believe Thumbs Up  And not forgetting the stereo to crank the sounds on the way out and for the party on the way home! :)
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/ReelChixFish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote f1sh1ngDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:20pm
f1sh1ngDNA View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just had a company fishing trip out with Snapper Catchers third year in a row with them and have to say if you have a big group looking for fish then these guys are definitely worth booking with. I set the size limit set at 30cm plus for snapper and everyone of us 17 still went home with a good feed of 5+ snappers. Thank you to Carrie and Todd and our awesome Skipper Kevin. will book for next year shortly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 9:34am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey guys just reporting on a charter went out on last weekend out of Bayswater. Rico charters skipper is Bryan. Probably one of the best value charters been on 12 hours exactly on the water skipper saw the bite come on just as we were supposed to leave to head in but stayed out out for another two hours got a most of the fish in that two hours. Bryan even cooked up some noodles & fish for the trip back to Bayswater. Slow boat but great skipper well worth a look if you want a friendly skip for a fish in the gulf.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 12:10pm
sr2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone been on Rosemary Fishing Charters out of Sandspit?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sr2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013 at 7:56pm
sr2 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by sr2 sr2 wrote:

Anyone been on Rosemary Fishing Charters out of Sandspit?
Ended up doing an afternoons charter on "Rosemary" last weekend. Lovely old historic launch (1926?) with two crusty old sea salts who kept the coffee, fishing story's  and humours banter coming thick and fast.

$70 per head, put us on the fish at the first drop and not only filled the bin with Snaps but managed a big Dory as well. Highly recommended.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thomps6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 11:02am
thomps6666 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,
Steve here from the uk, hope your all doing great down there in NZ.
I'm lucky enough to be visiting the north island for the whole of feb 2014 and looking to get a days charter with the hope of a marlin.
Could I ask you what your top recommendation would be for the best boat/skipper for this? Maybe mid budget!
Thanks guys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southkiwi42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2013 at 12:00pm
Southkiwi42 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Enchanter - Skipper Lance - Legend
Deckie - Steve Legend
Best deep sea fishing
Ranfurly Banks & Three Kings
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 10:25pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I've just got back home after fishing aboard Crazy Horse - 308 charters from Te Waitere on the Kawhia harbour. Its a good 45 mins from Kawhia but the boat is fast, reasonably well appointed and the owner and skipper are great company as well as knowledgeable & ready to help. A very good option for fishing the West Coast. Accomodation is available by arrangement and I suggest you take advantage of that as it's a long way to drive home after a big day of providing. Puka and kingfish are real options out there but Dave the owner suggests booking an overnight trip for puka.

A good charter no doubt about it.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlinmarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2013 at 11:54pm
marlinmarty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by mig fish crew mig fish crew wrote:

Cheeeers
look up Pete lamb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 11:59pm
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shared a charter on Seahawk today with a friend company, out of Z Pier from Auckland's Westhaven. This was a replacement trip after last week had to be abandoned due to sea state. Great boat, with a great setup, plenty of seating for the trip out, modern and well maintained and quick boat. Was only supposed to be a half day charter but but Lenny & Marcus stayed out there until the weather clagged in to let us get our catch up. Great value and great team. And some nice fish were caught.

Highly recommended. We will be repeat customers.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chad51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 12:16pm
Chad51 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I highly recommend Megabites fishing charters in Auckland. The skipper Darell always works hard to get everyone some fish even when it's really slow. Even when it's a mixed charter he'll try his best to cater for everyone's needs.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dutchy_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2013 at 8:42pm
Dutchy_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by mig fish crew mig fish crew wrote:

Cheeeers

had our work do on a day trip charter. best charter i have ever been on!
extremely good skipper that was having a good time (jono)
super clean boat
good gear
helpful and happy staff

10 out of 10 from me!
always keen for a fish! 0220901730

http://www.theworldwidefishingclub.com
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FTBucco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 11:03am
FTBucco View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all - big plug for the Kairpara for a change;
Highly recommend Kaipara Cat charters, there has been one previous post by Calypso a few years back which I can reiterate. We used KC & Tony Walles (skipper/owner)yesterday and had a great time. Special part was that he never stopped working for all on board, as well as continually reviewing the spots we were on and moving to the next best spot to maximise our chances or just change from species of fish. Quick to hand out tips to the least experienced anglers and proactive in fixing either poor technique or line tangles as well. All 10 anglers went home with Esky's filled with fish, and it was noticeable how time wasn't an issue, took an extra hour just because we were on to a good patch of fish.
Book a trip on www.kaiparafishingcharters.co.nz

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Erik Lemmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 9:51pm
Erik Lemmers View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,

Looking for a charter  for  4-6 people to take some visitors from The Netherlands out. I'm living on the Nort Shore.  All they want is to try to catch a few snapper.
Plan is to go on 11th February 2014. Any ideas for good charters? 

Thanks for your help.Big smile

Page  <1 678910 13>