Overnight Mokau Trench on Maverick out of Raglan

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overnight Mokau Trench on Maverick out of Raglan
    Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:35am
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I haven't spoken to Aaron yet, but I'm keen to organise a group to go to the Mokau Trench overnight.

I did this for a group aboard the Clansman out of Kawhia about three years ago.

Here's how it works:

I will post THE LIST in a minute. Add your Fish.net name to the list if you want to be on it... just copy the list and repost in a Reply with your name added to the bottom. I'll tidy it up now and then. I'm not sure how many Aaron takes, but when I have at least twice that number of names I'll let him know that my group is organised. I will also post the cost per person here when I know it for sure.

When the weather window opens, Aaron will give me about two days' notice and I will text EVERYONE on the list. The first <7 or 8 or whatever the capacity is> that reply to my text and confirm are on the GO LIST. Subsequent replies are on the waiting list. If the weather changes we will give as much notice of postponement as possible.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:50am
Titanium
Titanium

THE LIST

Boulder
poza
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 11:53am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

THE LIST

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:11pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:51pm
Double Time View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craysee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 12:59pm
craysee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee

put me back on beagle, I enjoyed that, do it soon though we might as well catch a few marlin too!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 2:56pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:00pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefaknis
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:07pm
Dohboy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefaknis
Dohboy
www.acewash.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Swelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:15pm
Swelly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 2:22pm
bush View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 2:36pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Auckland CCTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 4:06pm
Auckland CCTV View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 5:52pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Raging Bull
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ancient mariner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:39pm
ancient mariner View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Raging Bull
Ancient mariner
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 10:03pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Raging Bull
Ancient mariner

worksux
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:12am
Titanium
Titanium

THE DEAL:

Leave Raglan 0700 Day One.
Return "around" 1800 Day Two (see notes).

Maximum for overnight: 7 persons
Cost: Total $3200, per person $457.15. And since I'm collecting the money, pay before you leave! Will PM my account number once we know who's going, or pay in cash.

Gear: Braid recommended, 32oz puka bombs recommended.

Drink: Bring what you want, drink what you want. Aaron: "It's your party."

Food:  I forgot to ask (hey, at least I'm honest).

Fishing time:  Basically, fish 'til you drop. Should be at the grounds by midday, Day One depending on what happens if you troll on the way out. On Friday, Aaron/crew spotted five marlin within an hour of leaving the Shelf!!! Albacore can be caught almost at will. That trip everyones' eyes were hanging out by 2am so they slept for 3.5 hours and then back into it. Aaron's first and foremost aim is to get you guys a good feed of bottom fish. He likes to get you back to the wharf before dark so you can sort your catch but, if the fishing's good at departure time he'll extend a few hours if everyone agrees - so there's no hard and fast rule.

When Will It Happen?: Aaron has snapper trips booked most weekends, so it's more likely to be mid-week. There is one other group in the equation but they're not necessarily ahead of us, so it should be in February.

How do I get to Raglan?... and other stuff. When we know the list, we'll see where people are coming from so you can organise car-pooling. Anyone coming from Auckland that has an Icey-Tek should get it filled choc-a-block with salt ice as it's $6.50 for a 5kg bag at the garage here! Aaron will have some aboard for the trip, but you'll need some for the trip home. BRING LOTS OF CHILLI-BINS. If this trip is like most, you'll need them. 7am's not too early for most but I have some spare beds here and plenty of couch/carpet space. Might host a BBQ pre and/or post trip - play that by ear.

If none of this suits you, feel free to take your name off THE LIST, no hard feelings.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:15am
Titanium
Titanium

THE LIST

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Raging Bull
Ancient mariner
worksux

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:55am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

All still works for me unless I am away game fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:58am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

THE LIST

Boulder
poza
Barrie
Fishb8
Double Time
craysee
Bushpig
Wefakins
Dohboy
Swelly
bush
Muzzfish
Chaweenz
Raging Bull
Ancient mariner
worksux

I have a 7-dayer in 3 weeks and can't committ to the Raglan so reluctant withdrawl.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Page  123 4>