Canterbury Spearos Thread...

Page  <1 361362363364365>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  racin sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 12:13pm
racin sardine View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all we have Canterbury spearfishing supplies coming down to the pool this Tuesday so feel free to come down and have a chat and support a local guy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JonoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 1:47pm
JonoH View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What pool and time do you meet?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  racin sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:48pm
racin sardine View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The graham condon pool at 8pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:06pm
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Currently in South Bay sea flat vis looks like a good 5m well worth a trip tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:13pm
mungus View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Viz was mint down the coast today with loads of big butters and cod, should be a good weekend enjoy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boycce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 7:22pm
boycce View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey was that around kiakora, South bay? You think it will be nice tomorrow? Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2017 at 2:26pm
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Who is going to the Kaikoura Big 5 this weekendSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 10:24am
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Help! I'm hoping someone can help. Our hunting buddies have changed their plans so Charlie and I need to change ours. To do this we need to borrow a small ali or inflatable boat with small outboard suitable for 2 people. It will only be used for crossing lake sumner. We need it from this coming Friday until around the 8th. Happy to give some venison or whatever as goodwill to say thankyou. Hoping someone can help please. Cheers Ian (Barx) 027-9377747
Do or do not. There is no try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Is their still Pool sessions on a tuesday night
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 10:03pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Boomdog, I'm keen to give this a crank along and get more people to the pool and into the sport. Thursday nights is better for me as I have a business appointment every Tuesday night. What are your thoughts on switching to Thursdays? I also have a desire to get sponsorship for the lane hire as that really pisses me off and I think there must be a solution to this problem. Barx
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 5:05pm
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds good to me, Thursday's work for me. Also means i can reacquaint myself with a cold beer and roast potato afterwards.

Can't be their this Thursday  but can do the 27th on-wards.

Sponsorship sounds like a plan.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:37pm
Troy Tempest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Surely one if the Chch gear suppliers will chip in to look after their clients? If not maybe a national one will see value in looking after the south island folks...
·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>
.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>

Just quietly getting on with it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:12pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Troy, that'd be quite a national precedent to set! Pub charity should work .....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:22pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good news for South island spearos!. We are setting up a South Island spearfishing and free diving club to bring the many groups of mainland spearos together. The club will share free diving and spearfishing techniques and information specific to our waters, plus run training sessions and arrange events and competitions. Our inaugural meeting will be at the chch rugby football club rooms (in the squash complex (rear building not the main building)) at 250 Westminster St on Friday June 9th from 7.30pm. The bar will be open and we encourage all spearos reading this to bring 5 or more of their spearo buddies. Fyi our committee is Hamish McMillan (swam 125m underwater at last year's pool free diving nationals), Brad Warr (of canterbury spearfishing supplies), Lee Dobson (Blenheim based and co-organiser of the 2018 south island spearfishing comp), Sam Murray (organising the SI champs with Lee), Philip Van Zijl (Oamaru based and representing the southern folks), and myself Ian Barker (organiser of barkers grand slam spearfishing tournament for the last 20 years). We are eager to involve as wide a gathering of mainland spearos as possible so please encourage your mates to get involved.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 1:31pm
Platinum
Platinum

So come on then, what happened at the meeting?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 5:26pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Um, that would be this coming Friday night ...?
In advance can I say we had over 100 attendees, all thought the club was a great idea, all bought 5 tickets each in our raffle (which will pay for the food and hireage of the facility), and all went diving together on the Saturday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:13pm
Platinum
Platinum

Ah, I'll keep practicing my reading. There is so little being posted I missed it!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 8:33pm
Dobo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We will see you down there then Troy There will be some things mentioned you'll like mate👌
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Custard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 8:27pm
Capt Custard View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Barx, Philip et al
I can't make the meeting on Friday but am definitely keen to join up to the club. It sounds like a great concept.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 6:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

Dobo and all, I cant make it down from Kaiks for the evening- but am keen to get involved and support where I can. I have co-ordinated the dive Kaikoura Big 5 for the last 7 years and am a regular at the Si champs so know the local comps well. More importantly, I dive the Kaikoura coast regularly and am really keen to make sure that the club is championing spearos doing the right thing up here post quake and making the best of the resources and opportunities for now and the future.

Hope the 100+ folks there have a great one, buy lots of raffle tickets and the committee can get in touch with me if they need anything.

Page  <1 361362363364365>