Canterbury Spearos Thread...

Page  <1 360361362363364 365>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Penty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 12:50pm
Penty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You mean NFWA @Barx...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2016 at 6:00pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hmmmmm. I like BGS2017 better Penty.
See ya'll at the pool party on Sunday.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 10:46am
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It seems like a heap of Canterbury spearos are heading to Kaikoura for a look and dive over the next couple of weeks. Most I've talked with plan to stop of 2 rivers at Cheviot for a pie and cuppa, and spend some dosh in Kaikoura to help the local economy and community. Spare a thought for the Cheviot 4square which is under new management and will be doing it tough. We've decided we'll spend $100 with Cheviot 4square everytime we travel past their shop. Its a supermarket, and we figure we may as well give them our spend rather than with a local supermarket. You might like to do the same! If you do, say gidday to Kerry, the new owner, who is a spearo and a good *******.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shiraz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 12:04pm
shiraz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A good thought, that. Please remember we now live in a paua no take zone ( applies to all sectors alike). 0800 4 poacher to report bad behaviour.
Happy butterfish hunting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2016 at 8:08pm
Troy Tempest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

+1 on the local spend when you are in Kaikoura. Thanks in advance for looking after the businesses who are doing things hard post quake...
·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>
.¸¸·´¯'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸ ><((((º>

Just quietly getting on with it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2016 at 10:32am
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went to Kaikoura the day before Christmas to tidy up our place. The change in the coastline is worth the drive. 

Rumor round town is you don't have to dive to deep to get decent Butters with the sea floor lift.

Its possible to launch aluminum boats up to 5m at the council ramp through most of the tide 

Locals are / will be grateful for any spending in town shops and cafes.Tongue 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Soap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:29am
Soap View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys how's it going,
Another newbie here =D
Has anyone had much luck out gore bay?
I was told by an old work mate that it was his number 1 spot to go (he surfs as well)
I've been twice now and each time the surf looked a little rough, but seen as I was there with the family yesterday I suited up n gave it a bash, but needless to say I struggled more then I would like to get past the surf,
And also each time I've been the waters looked very muddy/murky,
So I guess I'm asking if I'm wasting my time with this place?
Thanks guys
Ash
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:13pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thought some of you might like this pic of the Kaikoura peninsula seal colony, taken looking back from the waters edge towards the peninsula. The acreage of bare stone across the eastern edge of the peninsula is impressive!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote AKA-johnbobsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 8:32pm
AKA-johnbobsmith View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hit Kaikora mate check swell map for long wave periods and off shore brezes and jump in any ware not a marine reserve there is usually some vis someware up there even on bad days .gore bay is known as a surf beach ,surf and diving are polar opposits
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 9:07pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Chest freezer for sale. Leonard chest freezer W700 D600 T900. Not sure how old but works really well. Just need to make some space in my garage. $100 or delivery in Chch for $120. PM or call me for the bargain of the new year!
SOLD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Soap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 11:51pm
Soap View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

That's awesome thanks,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 10:05am
Dobo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Barx Barx wrote:

Thought some of you might like this pic of the Kaikoura peninsula seal colony, taken looking back from the waters edge towards the peninsula. The acreage of bare stone across the eastern edge of the peninsula is impressive!
wow that's a long walk to get to the water, did you see many spearo out? I'm surprised at the lack of dried kelp thought it would be full of it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 11:37am
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not that many spearos out. The waters edge is all murky with dead kelp and shellfish so not that pleasant. We did a shorey from the outer end of south bay and got some fish including crays and my daughter shot a blue cod.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 3:29pm
Platinum
Platinum

Hopefully the southerly over the next few days will clear some of the rotting away...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:43pm
Barx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yep
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Troy Tempest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 8:51pm
Platinum
Platinum

Went for a look today- was steaming from the south, might help when things calm down...

Wouldn't rush up tomorrow!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Penty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:02am
Penty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

All interesting stuff about Kaikoura. If only the weather played ball I would make a trip up to Kaikoura to survey the damage/spend some money at the cafes etc.

I have chucked some gear for sale in another thread. If anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote boomdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 6:14pm
boomdog View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Weather for coming weekend looks promising
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote  racin sardine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2017 at 12:48pm
racin sardine View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

pool sessions start back THIS tuesday Clapsee you all there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenChch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 5:07pm
KeenChch View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey all, I'm from Christchurch and do a bit of spearing around at a bit of a beginner level. Just wondering has anyone done any diving down in South Canterbury, Timaru area? I've heard there is some ok places just south of Timaru
Page  <1 360361362363364 365>