CRUSOE CRANKS AGAIN 03.01.10

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOTBODZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRUSOE CRANKS AGAIN 03.01.10
    Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 3:09pm
HOTBODZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

• Edit/Delete this post
  • Delete this post

HOTBODZ FISHREPORT CRUSOE CRANKS AGAIN 03.01.10

Post  HOTBODZ Today at 15:03

With so many people out of town on holiday it was to be another solo mission .
Alarm was set again for 4am Sleep Sleep 
Car battery is playing up so had battery charger on all night for the early start , didnt think my wife would 
appreciate being woken again at that time .

Was on the water even earlier this morning . Departing Bucklands at 5.10am 
">

It was pitch black leaving the ramp.
"> affraidaffraid 

On my way destination Crusoe Rock as per my previous trips , it was a nice flat trip arriving and the sun still wasnt up , there was one other boat already there .

Set up my drift in the airy conditions , then i saw what i believe was kahawhai splashing on the surface , wasnt many about 6 or so , quite cool to watch .
Another awesome sunrise .
">

530am was onto my first fish it was an angry string puller , got it almost to the ski then it broke off , i wound my line in and my leader was still there but the strange thing was it had somehow with the fight unlooped my genie clip , so i checked closer and the knot was still in tact .
So i quickly retied and reset my drift , bite time was around 6am , strange again that there was little sign on the sounder and fish were hard to find but they did bite hard and fast , i picked up 6 good sized snaps here and then it died off . 
Conditions glassed out .
">

PeterJ came to join me from Takapuna and we both had little luck . we decided to try Rakino .

">

There was lots of sign as soon as we got there but no takers
">

We tried for a while and i hooked on a stray snap making my total 7 . Peter managed a hook up not long after , not sure what he ended up with .

Couple of other guys on another ski close by .
">

Headed back home from there via Crusoe to try fill my bin but not alot of sign , saw DJ021 2up with little luck also .

Back to the ramp and home by 1030am , harder day on the water but well worth the early start , i think if you left after 6am you were out of luck .

">

All fish were 400mm plus , notice in the image the second fish from left had previously been foul hooked on the side .

HOTBODZ

Male
Number of posts137
PWC2008 SEADOO GTX LTD 215 SUPERCHARGED
Rod Holder kit and SounderURH , RAYMARINE A60 GPS SOUNDER
Best fish landed on your ski7lb Snapper
Age40
LocationEast Auckland 
Job/hobbiesCompany Director
HumorTag and Release
Registration date2009-02-12

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail

Back to top Go down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 4:50pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 5:18pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

that is a cool report HOTBODZ....

love your style mate....

better still is your catching them when everyone else is really struggling....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 5:48pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think getting out early is key at the moment. Well doneThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Te Namu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:00pm
Te Namu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice conditions at that time of the day. I did a late afternoon mission, and it was sloppy and a pain in the a**.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 6:20pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Cracker pics. Is that a foul hook or a love-bite?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:15pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done mate!,I am jealous!
Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOTBODZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:30pm
HOTBODZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

I think getting out early is key at the moment. Well doneThumbs Up

yes ive had a few sessions around 6 and after 6 with little return  so thought i would try the early start and its paid off .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOTBODZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 8:37pm
HOTBODZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Espresso Espresso wrote:

Cracker pics. Is that a foul hook or a love-bite?

Haha here it is from a different angle , suppose it could be a love bite ....... lol

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capnnod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:04pm
Capnnod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great pics and report, keep em coming!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote POWERSPELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:20pm
POWERSPELL View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

wow i bet there will be 50 boats in sargents in the morning now ill keep to tiri
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2010 at 9:47pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just had another look at your post and something caught my eye in 2 of your photos.The gps is showing battery volts now that a good overlay idea i must check to see if mine can do that.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HOTBODZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 6:32am
HOTBODZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Snapper Shagger Snapper Shagger wrote:

Just had another look at your post and something caught my eye in 2 of your photos.The gps is showing battery volts now that a good overlay idea i must check to see if mine can do that.

Very handy , i have VSR also , second battery runs gps/sounder and nav lights only .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 12:44am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work again mate
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:02am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

going to check out crusoe to night in the evening and overnighting motuhe so can get back out for day break,will report tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 5:30pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well gave crusoe bash saturday,fished the out going from 3.00pm to 7.00pm for zilch,unless you like yellowtail or eagle rays,fished waiheke side not much currant.

sunday out to the noises for not much more but got a feed.