Whangarei Harbour report.

Page  <1 8990919293 129>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 9:03pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Meh, went out Saturday avro for a quick nudge. Very quiet on the softies but got a feed up to 45cm with a few stray lined pillies. No work ups this time but a good bit of fun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:28pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey guys, I'm moving up to Whangarei mid December, I've bought a house in Onerahi and am really looking forward to the new adventure. Just a question regarding the boat club at Parua bay. Is that ramp only or are there club rooms? Are there any other clubs around with ramps?

Cheers.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:11pm
KLB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Was out on Tuesday evening, and 2 of us with limits by dark down off Ruakaka river mouth...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:24pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Daz
Welcome to North! Glorious place and being at Onerahi, you will have access to some good fishing right on your doorstep at certain times of year. There is a ramp at Onerahi as well next to the sailing club but can be a bit painful as the boat gets bigger.
It is only the facility at Parua Bay - one for OBC which is great value for money and also a public one. No clubhouse but the Parua Bay pub is close by...
Toots has club next to ramp as does the Marsden Cove Marina.
Cheers
T
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 5:59pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out Friday night and Saturday morning. Bait and burly down Urititi for the last 2 hours of the outgoing tide. Awesome fun and bitten off a few times so had to go to 80lb trace... some good fish and aggressive on the bite.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A little bird advises me you won a prize or two for your fish Mr T... c'mon fess up!Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2015 at 7:43pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers for the info Turtle, I'm thinking I will be joining the private ramp at Parua bay. I'll be launching a bit by myself to start off with so probally a good idea. Congrats on the prize.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 6:51pm
like_to_strike View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Too easy down waipu today, cleaning up in the kayak, boats seemed to be moving around alot, anyone else get out? 7 snaps, kept first 7 keepers.
smallest of 40cm 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:27am
Big Kev View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Has the Rahui been lifted?
"The worst day fishing is better than the best day working"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 5:39am
Platinum
Platinum

Didnt even know there was one? judgng by the 10 other boats they didnt know either. cop even stoped to ask how i got on and had no mention of a rahui? where and when is it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 8:24am
Big Kev View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

From Waipu river mouth to Whangarei harbour entrance I believe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2015 at 6:07pm
Platinum
Platinum

They have found the guy today, are there any official info sites or facebook pages that share this info?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Weta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:20am
Big Weta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hookerpuka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 10:38am
hookerpuka View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So how far off the beach does the Rahui go? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 3:43pm
Big Kev View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

500 Metres I heard yesterday for another 7 days

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 8:41am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Snapper weren't obliging for us today, tried the usual haunts around Bream Bay in shallow and out at 40m for one barely legal keeper, then we found a Kahawai school and worked that, was tons of fun, time to get the smoker on.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 9:23am
Platinum
Platinum

nice mate! nothing wrong with that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 9:26am
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Need to head further my way, plenty of decent snaps 2 weeks in a row, also picked up a decent Johnny yesterday about 50cm long but need to be out early we were on the water by 5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote like_to_strike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2015 at 5:47am
Platinum
Platinum

Plenty of trevs around for me the last 2 weeks down off tip rd in the kayak
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 4:09am
Uffy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went over to the Chicks a couple of days ago. Tried lots of spots deep and shallow but it was hard to get the wind and tide run in alignment. finally got our ducks in a row in 20m off the sulphur rocks. Two of us got 10 good snapper up to 8lb in quick time and were happy to call stumps and head home. Seem to be plenty of fish around just got to get time and place right.

Blowing pretty strong NE here this morning and predicted to hang in for a bit. should improve the harbour fishing in a few days.
Page  <1 8990919293 129>