Oakura bay & Whangaruru

Page  123 15>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oakura bay & Whangaruru
    Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 4:40pm
smellybait View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey there Fishos... I'll try and give you a daily report on the action out here on the coast just south of Cape Brett...... Here's the first
great day and the mOON'S FULL... Maui dropped off some tax... good man
This was in good condition but had an empty gut... Maui's boat is called the Queen Mary ... it's bigger than his 6ft cockle shell.... and he can stand up and walk around in this one... good on you Maui. Fish weighed 5.6kgs gutted...all this happened while  I was pouring concrete.... great stuffCoolSB
If all you have got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 4:57pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice fish Maui, top effortClap

5.6kg gutted that must be close to 14 pounds uncleaned, good stuffThumbs Up
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 5:31pm
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats a nice fish, I could do with a couple of those. Well doneClap
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 7:49pm
Silver
Silver

yes Maui is the gun when it comes to drifting around without much noise... and hooking a feed..... bloody big boat though.... 10ft max... I reckon
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OffTheHook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2009 at 9:36pm
OffTheHook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looks like maui is nailing them Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 7:40am
Silver
Silver

he'll be out today againWinkSB
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2009 at 5:20pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cracker day SB, sea must have been calm out there and maybe a slighter wester, many boats out mate?

A mate up north nailed the kingies today so may have been a good fishy day alround, whilst us peasants work and toiled awayCry

Nevermind wknd soon...Clap

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 9:22am
Silver
Silver

Hi there fishos... with a brisk westerly cranking overhead it's goint to be a bit rugged off shore but in close you should be OK.... Catchelot, you are right everyone had good catches out here... there were a few boats out and also a gaggle of yakayaka fishos out here as well. ... Cover charge went out for a dive on Danger rock and speared a kingi so they are on the hunt..... we had the friendlies right in close to the beach... about 20 - 30 m off shore chasing the bait fish.... summer is on the way.. waving SBHug
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:33am
Silver
Silver

Gidday again... a great morning out here a light westerly and flat seas there is a 1m Northerly swell.... The word is that Ecko maybe out here today... good luck mate.... Scott and his mate are LB at Elliots... then up to Matauri Bay... I haven't heard how they are getting on... but will fill you in once they txt me... anyway the admiral has me doing more jobs up at the  Manawanui Lodge.. be safe guys & Girls... waving SBWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote forsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:49am
forsyth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can't wait for our trip up there SB. Cheers
NZFisher: Get your free monthly fishing magazine emailed straight to you. http://www.nzfisher.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:31pm
Silver
Silver

Great sunset tonight... flat water and the sea flat as... the westerly died off... and all is well... catch ya tomorrow.... haven't heard anything  today but will let you know when we do.... waving SBApprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 6:41pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Eko was out there early, I had a few skiting txts just as I arrived to work the buggarLOL, he got fish, maybe he will post a report later mate.

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 10:59pm
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah, that ekos phone number must go on the ignore list - its heartbreaking...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 9:11am
Silver
Silver

Good morning fishos... well its another stunner out here today... light  Westerly going over the top... it's supposed to cut up rough for  the weekend with a mean southerly kicking in..... we'll see. I haven't heard from any fishos ... Scotty and Ecko haven't checked in... they may have bumbed out.... anyhoooo workers  just keep at it someone has to keep the country going.... catch this evening... SBWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EKO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 10:38am
EKO View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

A bit of a late report from last week, just picked up my camera yesterday.

The day was alsum with the sun hitting the skyline we were going to have a mint day

Fished a spot were SB had told us about, we did quite well with Snappers, Kahawai & Trevs.

We picked up a diver late in the afternoon, he had a good look around, we ended up with a copy of bugs.

And last but lest smoking the catch........alsum day out

Its not about the size of your boat! "But how you use it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 3:37pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Dave, Helena bay smokees eh?Thumbs Up

No fish for me today but managed to christian the new motor and take it for a blast around smugglers and up the harbour, mint out there today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2009 at 5:33pm
Silver
Silver

well donr eko... you had a great day... well done...waving SBThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:52am
Silver
Silver

UnhappyBloody Easterlies.... every second day we seem to have easterlies not good for the fishing conditions.... but hey it should bring the fish in... it looks as though the weekend should see the conditions ease a little..... the scollies are few a far between... that's free diving though. Surf will be mean at Elliots or down at Pare's @  Mimiwhangata... good to meet up with some of the Fishnet members... good luck people and keep the bait fresh... waving SBHug
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellybait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 7:09am
Silver
Silver

Confused Good morning fishos... well buggar me... I get up this morning and she's a howling NNE coming in at around 25knts... looking at the horizon there's a good sized swell runniing down the coast..... so that means you've got to be keen to go out today.... I hear that some of the fellas are up the harbour netting mullet.... maybe that's the go.... I'm sure as hell not going outside in the Admirals 12' ter today... she's a bit soupy for that.... any LB boys.... you have to pick your headland so that you can cast  effectively with the wind.... I suggest down off Cape Home or the Rimarikis.... the haystack will even work today... catch you all later... waving SB
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2009 at 8:27am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Smelly bait got a couple doz  mates in two groups  Wllfc and Nssc members up there over the weekend sure picked the right weekend to go fishing,LOL. hope they stopped in to say hi said they would .
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Page  123 15>