game reels

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 6:46pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great anodising seen bit of use unscratchable!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 8:56pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The omoto 80w I had I sold to a mate with a launch. The clicker failed on it in so much as barely audible but still worked. I know my mate hooked and lost a marlin on it and has been using it to fish for sharks. The model like the 22 model above based on the tld25 side clicker were better .. good reels the larger reels suffered from clicker design and drags binding a bit after a while and not very graduated in drag adjustment. Although mate who has it and still uses 80 reckons reel went a lot better especially the drag after hooking into a few bronzes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 9:12pm
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

I wonder how the Omoto and Ticas have survived?
My 2 Tica 30 wides (one 15KG mono + braid) have had 15 & 12 marlin. Still sweet and will be out this season.
My small Omoto LD is still going well after several years but only used a a snapper/skippy rod. Wouldn't put any skippy rod out that couldn't land a marlin.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:53pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Catchelot Catchelot wrote:

I wonder how the Omoto and Ticas have survived?

I bought a Tica reel a couple of years ago.  I was looking at it in the shop and I had heard about problems with them so I asked the guy in the shop about it.  Turned out he used to work for kilwell I think it was and he had been involved with the tica reels from the start.  He explained the problem that they originally had.  I can't remember exactly, but was something to do with clearances on the main shaft not being right.  When the reels got worked hard they got warm, which lead to them locking up.  They eventually worked the problem out and re-designed the man shaft to be much more robust.  He said there were now no problems, but unfortunately the bad name has stuck a bit.  I've not had any problems, but sadly have never had a fish big enough to really work the reel hard yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:40pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

i have a little omoto 12 twin speed  great little reel  very good drag very smoth  with grunt  and no problems with it what so ever
Page  <1 345