Graeme Dowsing lures

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote midnightoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 8:50am
midnightoil View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

no problem wanabe, yes i have done well with the sea tal which actually has a saurie or a garfish encapsulated in the head, youd have to do some searching to find one as i believe production ceased years ago. excellent to hear you found the BLUE THUNDER article on line, my old copy lives in the safe, thats how highly i regard it. you may have noticed all the lures they used had YAMASHEETA sp skirts with the big squid eye, my original hand made appollo evil from harbourd tackle in sydney has them, the melton tackle apollo evil is different in size and colour but probably equally as effective, and i recently had a friend get another apollo evil in hawaii which is slightly different again, you can never have too many!!. you may also be interested to know that taz has been back out in the lure shed (the weather has been so filthy for so long down here )and made a handfull of the challenger specials for himself, so if your interested he may part with one ( pm me for his number) i get the 220mm yamasheeta skirts sent from meltons, theyre as cheap as chips, just dont get carried away on that web site!! cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 9:10am
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

great, looking at the lures in the article, and looking at the one i have its the same and i think it came from harbour tackle i currently own several seatals sold one last week for $275-00 i had 2 the same will send my contact details and thanks for all your help ian  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phecda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 12:37pm
Phecda View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Silversurfer, do you know if the posted "Stelth" brand is actually his lures? Even if the posted may not be the top styles. I realise there is more than one type of "Stelth" head, I lost a "Stelth" lumo-like skirt with a much longer head to a marlin, and lures can't do better than that!

Well, I can't anyway LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote midnightoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 1:59pm
Bronze
Bronze

no sorry graham doesnt know who made those stelth brand lures, all his were branded GD or GOUROCK NZ , no doubt some one will know on here though. cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 2:53pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Stelth is made by someone in Tauranga. I went to Gourock today they have some small Stelth in and waiting for the larger sizes and as they said graham does not make them 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote midnightoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:26pm
Bronze
Bronze

hey wannabe, the bluewater mag arrived in the mail today, wouldnt you know it, 2 pages on the great man JOE YEE himself, 80 years old an going strong,  Legend!!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 8:46pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by silversurfer silversurfer wrote:

hey wannabe, the bluewater mag arrived in the mail today, wouldnt you know it, 2 pages on the great man JOE YEE himself, 80 years old an going strong,  Legend!!.

legend is not the only thing that should be said about the man, I hope the article does him justice, will look in the shop for a copy.
 I would like to meet him one day, but I do not think i will be able to afford to go, so all I can do is keep buying his lures and appreciate the craftsman ship.

PS thanks for the heads up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote vixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2018 at 7:56pm
vixen View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

bit of a long shot can anyone give me any details on these stelth lures as we have brough this company a while along and keen to know more about where they came from
Vixen Custom Rods
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote parky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:13am
parky View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tauranga is where they came from
Page  <12