ifinder h2oc

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ifinder h2oc
    Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 8:59pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

me trusty hand held has stopped aquiring for some reason. Scrolling thru the pages to the satalite strength its getting 7 satalites easily enough but its not getting full strengh only 3/4...did a master reset and still no love

anyone got any clues before i send it to ENL for fixing?

cheers
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:49pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

turns out my motherboard or equivelan,  is stuffed - 3yrs old..thanks lowrance...wont be getting a ifinder again
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:02pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what alternatives are out there, that are comparible in the handheld market??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 10:36pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

migellan do a nice unit for $750 inc chart..they were on special so we bought 2 for the shop..sold one and the guy is happy as

guess garmin do one..never really looked into it too deep brown..but im pissed.. i was expecting 10yrs plus as i treat mine like gold..lives in my duel speed reel case..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 8:41am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have one of those Tobez - you got me worried now. Mine about 2 years plus too........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 11:01pm
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mine worked fine whilst I had it. Bought it 2nd hand in a "never been used" condition off a mate and sold it 18months later as was surplus to requirements. Never missed a beat in that time
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:22am
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The Garmin equivalent would probably be the 60Cx , Oregon 400c (same as 300 but includes marine charts) or the ETrex Vista HCx which is a cheaper lighter version with better battery life then the 60Cx....

They all seem to be around the $600-800.

The main advantages to the Garmins I believe is that they have a much wider range of maps available.