Wellington Vis / water conditions

Page  <1 10431044104510461047 1049>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diver9888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 9:10am
Diver9888 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I find FB is really good for immediate pic/viz updates etc and easy viewing of similar info in the fishing and 4x4 groups as many of us are in all the similar outdoor groups. However the posts can quickly turn quite nasty and stupid if someone is on the piss or bored.  I find this site has more informed dialogue for the important stuff.
Do it today because tomorrow has a habit of not turning out the way you want
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 12:30pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

^ true. In terms of important stuff: I smoked cray. They were good.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Will I Am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 3:04pm
Will I Am View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

They look undersized to me Tirpod.
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers." - Herbert Hoover
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 6:30pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hahaha – they are now.
Super, never been anyway, quadruple squared ex-friend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote walshywalt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 1:46pm
walshywalt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone got eyes on makara? Thjnking of heading out later this avo
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baffled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:11pm
baffled View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Dived south of makara this morning. ~8m vis and 16c

Saw a good kingy cruising by, others saw JD and snapper. Just came home with some bugs, butters and a moki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 6:44pm
Baller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

How's it been up Kapiti this weekend? Also, what's the water been doing? is it still blue nearby?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mullins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:31pm
Mullins View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Warm, fishy, blueish, snappery.

And shaggy. Very shaggy. Shags diving left, shags diving right, shags diving straight down, shags diving in circles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Azazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:54pm
Azazel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was pretty marvelous on Saturday. 15m+ and 18 degrees up north. Not much current though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 6:34pm
Baller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sounds Great!! does this gale northerly mean much? Other than wind
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dazxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 7:48pm
dazxa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Reckon I might be putting in a submission opposing

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/79692673/centreport-reveals-details-of-plans-to-dredge-7km-channel-in-wellington-harbour

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grasshoppa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:43pm
Grasshoppa View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by dazxa dazxa wrote:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/79692673/centreport-reveals-details-of-plans-to-dredge-7km-channel-in-wellington-harbour

on the channel or the dumping of sediment?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diver9888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 9:54pm
Diver9888 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Grasshoppa Grasshoppa wrote:

I will have a good look tomorrow but the most obvious issue is why the dumping has to be so close in rather than several ks furthers out so not to affect the shore environment and the recreational users
Do it today because tomorrow has a habit of not turning out the way you want
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:39pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Diver9888 Diver9888 wrote:

Originally posted by Grasshoppa Grasshoppa wrote:

I will have a good look tomorrow but the most obvious issue is why the dumping has to be so close in rather than several ks furthers out so not to affect the shore environment and the recreational users

exactly my thoughts. I'd assume you can't unload in a save manner in one go/ without being at anchor maybe?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 10:01pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

thought I would let you know that the southcoast is pretty good. Not many fish but good bugs.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rudini33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 12:59am
rudini33 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Viz at Moa Point?

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Robooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2016 at 10:48am
Robooh View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very silty dive at Boom yesterday. Not fishy. Plenty of paua, and Angus got a beauty cray.
Anyone on this forum lost a good pair of sunglasses in the Makara carpark near boat-ramp yesterday?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote psi500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 3:02pm
psi500 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Robooh

Is Makara a marine reserve? Can I join you for the paua and cray hunt? I'm from Singapore and likes skin diving and would like to experience the paua and cray of nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlyfishingSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 7:05pm
FlyfishingSpearo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey mate, welcome to NZ. Makara ain't a reserve. Just make sure you keep to the regulations for the species and you'll be sweet!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote psi500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 9:20pm
psi500 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi There, I'm new and from Singapore, we do not have such fun and privilege as you guys over at NZ with lot lot of crays and paua to pick anytime of the day. I'm going over to NZ and dropping by wellington on 15th Aug till 17th Aug....anyone can bring me along for some cray and paua hunting experience. I'm formerly a divemaster instructor (SSI-USA) but prefer to skin diving. Cheers Michael
Page  <1 10431044104510461047 1049>