Bite times

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dave Kindley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bite times
    Posted: 27 Jan 2004 at 5:31pm
Dave Kindley View Drop Down
New User
New User

Does anyone know of a web site that has a fishing calander with bite times regards Dave
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2004 at 10:23pm
Shadows View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gudday Dave,

There is a fishing calendar on this site, showing good and bad days but not bite times.  You've probably already seen this.

For bite times, search this forum for a topic called "Re-Moon Fishing".

Although it doesn't actually give bite times it does point you in the right direction.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishingreminder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2009 at 9:58pm
fishingreminder View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi there

If you are looking for a website with best bite times according to the
solunar theory check out  http://www.fishingreminder.com

It shows bite times for any location in the world including a weather forecast.
Also has an monthly calendar with bite times and an email reminder function for best times.

Still in an early stage of development but already very useful.

Hope that helps Wink
Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote herby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 5:41pm
herby View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I don't get bite times you fishos talk about.
 I've spent a lot of time watching fish feeding (Im a dirty spearo)and it seems than when we put a burley down, if there are fish around, they will respond. No matter what time of the day, and no matter if Bill Hohepa reckons they will or not.
I'm talking mainly about snapper here.
This is just my observation, and I'm sure a lot of you have your own observations, but to me it makes no sense.
Is it simply an excuse for not catching anything, or a way to show how 'good' you are because you can catch a fish on a 'bad' day, outside of the predicted 'bite time'??
I dont know?
Anyone able to enlighten me?
To me, current seems like MUCH more of an important factor to get them feeding than anything else.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robthefisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2009 at 10:10pm
robthefisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This shows tide and bite times

http://www.wtides.com

its good and free* ( creator wants donations)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sid fishus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 2:04pm
sid fishus View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2009 at 10:33am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is what I use and I find the bite time predictions to be quite good, it is an international calendar based around the moon phases.

I have also found that the new and full moons times to be at times almost spot on, give an hour two either side of the times of course...

and then go to the bottom and click on the Fishing Calendar and then let the page load and scroll through it.
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote blackboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 4:44pm
blackboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

in all my yrs fishing i have never paid any attention to bite times been out when the calander says bad fishing and had some great fishing all i pay attention to is the tide couldnt care when bite time is ,Herby mate you ticked all the right boxs with your summary
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Krypt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 1:18pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 6:46am
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

http://www.oceansst.com/2010/01/bite-times.html

This formula was very accurate this season and was requested most often from fisherman while out fishing.

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellsfishy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 9:29am
smellsfishy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have just completed a research paper on this topic, see previous forum post http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/advanced-fishing-bite-times_topic73475.html 

In reply to herby's points below, I reckon any time out fishing is a good time so agree you don't necessarily need to go by these guides. I have used the tables though and find that generally they are pretty accurate. I have not been zilched since using them (and I was zilched plenty of times before!).

In terms of current being a much bigger factor for snapper fishing, you are absolutely correct. Snapper are more active and feed more in the bigger tide days - the bigger the better I have found. The size of the current is dictated by the moon phases - this is because the moon places varying degrees of gravitation pull on the earth through the day and month and this causes the different tides.

Another factor is light - change of light at sunrise or sunset is a great time for fish to feed.

The best time of any month is when the bite time coincide with change of light - called fishing nirvana.

The tables on www.fishingnirvana.com provide day ratings, major and minor bite times for your location, the length of the bit time and sun rise and sunset times. I believe this is the most advanced bit times available as they allow you to identify the ultimate fishing nirvana period.