Trevally recipe please

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trevally recipe please
    Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 6:08pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone got a recipe for Trevally?
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JigNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 7:00pm
JigNut View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If you have a look in the jigging forum there is a thread titled
Raw fish Island styleThumbs%20Up A mates mum gave it to me...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fans-Of-Synit-Rods/137662896327800
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 7:42pm
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeha man... fish kokoda i think is what it's called, with the lemon and coconut.     man it's good.

marinade the fish in lime or lemon over night (lime is easily the best), or for at least 4 hours, until it turns white and firm... once marinaded remove juice and add coconut creme.
chuck in some tomato, cucumber, red onion, peppers, some spring onion if your into it, and get the rind off a orange or lemon and throw that in as well...

for the best taste cut everything up mice and small... no big chunks of cucumber or anything it ruins the taste.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davethefisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 9:21pm
davethefisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

here in this forum, find my recipie for fish, simple. works well with all types of fish, specially snapper, kingi fillets and trevally.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2008 at 10:43pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yup, did that, bloody good too. Thanks Dave.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davethefisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 7:23am
davethefisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My pleasure Mouthu, I am a big beleiver in letting the fish be the attracion of the dish and NOT drowning it in mfoods lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 1:10pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Geez that's pretty adventurous cooking Levi - "cut everything up mice and small "????? - Try smoking your trevs they are the best. Fresh they are quite tasty pan fried and of course a very nice raw or marinated fish - just leave the mouse out!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alesha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 4:57pm
alesha99 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

whats the recipe sorry i cant open the form
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:13pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Matt, fresh Trevally is primo for any dish and its main favourite is raw any shape or form. Sashimi it is great but you just have to learn how to slice ...sort of angled across the fillet to gain the best or tender piece along the grain to bite into....hard to explain easy to show ya...bit like how you cut into a top class steak.

But anyway Trev is great fresh, like the others say; shallow pan fried, battered, baked, microwaved, steamed, soup, smoked and so on, but if you have to freeze it then keep it for the bait bin.

Here is a couple of my favourite raw fish dishes where trevally is wonderful;

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 11:31pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That second dish looks the picture Al... Thumbs Up 
Hint:  using a zester.. scrape some "real"coconut zest into the dish from a fresh coconut..

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz