Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 634635636637638 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rickra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:02pm
Rickra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Well done Mike.

Rickra I would really be careful with the baits you put out mate. Big baits like that will get sharks a plenty this summer and there are baby great whites hanging around too. I would not wanna be berley and big baitfishing right now. Winter will be the time follow the lead from telecaster he will show yah.

Hi mate. Yeah, you are right. I'll keep it in mind for sure. 

Saturday I'll follow the Telecaster "steps". LOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:29am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Rickra Rickra wrote:

All good. I'll give a try jigging as well. Thanks for your tips. Smile

Just let me know exactly where we should meet there, please and I'll follow my best friend GPS.

I may leave Auckland around 4:10 am to get there on time and make things ready to launch 6 am as planned. 

The ramp is on Hauraki Road, Leigh. There is parking for cars on the left just beside the ramp and the public toilet block. If you get to the wharf you have gone too far.

I'll see you there around 5.40am. I will private message you my mobile number.

Cheers
Patrick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:03am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I dunno mate...get it on the GoPro and become a legend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rickra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
Rickra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

Originally posted by Rickra Rickra wrote:

All good. I'll give a try jigging as well. Thanks for your tips. Smile

Just let me know exactly where we should meet there, please and I'll follow my best friend GPS.

I may leave Auckland around 4:10 am to get there on time and make things ready to launch 6 am as planned. 

The ramp is on Hauraki Road, Leigh. There is parking for cars on the left just beside the ramp and the public toilet block. If you get to the wharf you have gone too far.

I'll see you there around 5.40am. I will private message you my mobile number.

Cheers
Patrick

Hi Patrick.

I got your message here only now, for this reason, I asked you pretty much the same question via PM and Text. Sorry about that, and thanks for being patient. Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:49pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The snapper were biting hard this morning off beachlands. Kept a few pannies and but back heaps. Even got a small king on a micro jig.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well start of the third test and with a new batting partner (BMY) proceeded to a pitch inspection which showed a lumpy green top, with the odd white top....with that in mind headed out towards the Tiri channel with the idea to drift back in towards the bay...along the way battery ran flat for F/F...so note to self, recharge battery after 2 sessions.....anyway batting partner provide good pitch info and luckily I had bought the livie set along so managed to get a couple of nice maccies.....while fishing for the livies, the new batting partner pointed out a couple of pitch invaders, their dorsal fins slicing through water like the Aussie quicks going through the English batting order...with a eye on them, the first one went over the side it wasn't long before there was a brief run on the reel, wound it in to find a horse of a KY had taken the livie, throwing him back over the side I hooked another one on and put him down......while waiting for the livie to be taken I flicked a softie around when the livie reel start off on a run....putting the softie down and setting the hook on the livie, it wasn't long before a rat was alongside the yak (luckily pitch invaders had disappeared)...while bringing him into the yak, he flicked his tail and knocked a stickbait I was looking use over the side of yak.....due to the current it floated to the front of the yak when it disappeared in a boil of water and fins....a kingie had followed the rat up...saw the stickbait and took it.... luckily it was a relatively cheap one so not too concerned, but good to see that it worked.....the problem is that the kingie will probably end up inside another bigger fish due to the stickbait in its throat......so a good lesson there.....anyway, put a new livie down and proceed to flick softies around........after more than a few maiden overs, finally managed to land a nice little pannie......that then pretty much finished the session.......the batting partner ended up with a couple of nice pannies........while it may not have been a replica of the smashing win in the 2nd test I will certainly walk away with the win here to go 2-1 in the series.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 4:06pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a good livey session at the usual kingi grounds yesterday morning. On the water at 5.40 and major issues with sounder , I think transducer needs replacing. Had no image no depth reading. I thought I was doomed trying to find liveys , but after a couple of flicks left right and center I managed to find the honey hole and quickly filled my livey tank with lollypop size mackies. Well that was easy..who needs a Sounder after all I thought? As I paddled towards my mate I realised he was hooked up and getting towed around..ok he found them. I put my livey down and dropped 10m or so down and the reel went screeaming. I will was hooked up but I knew it wasn't big fish.. landed a late 70s model and send him back. Next bait down and I began to paddle , almost within a minute reel went off again.much better fish this was..good run on my light pe4 set. Got him up after good fight..was around 90 so I stuck him and straight into the fish bag. Good healthy looking king. Vlad was on another fish as I dealt to mine but somehow the braid got caught in his prop and in the process he lost the fish and the top guide of his beloved rod. He quickly re-grouped and managed to slay another couple of kingies on that same rod. Keeping 2 in the end he had to be home by 10am and paddled home after a well deserved handshake. I carried on fishing for another hour..got more liveys and into another good fish which found the reef and spanked me. I had no idea of depth so was hard to know what was happening. Landed another mid 80s kingi and then called it a day with 2 in the boot. Back on the beach 10 am grinning like an idiot. No toothy critters around which made it an epic session.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:13am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey DV, good to hear you're still dragging out the yak mate, sounds like you haven't lost your touch either, nice work. The old Kingy grounds still producing well which is good to hear too.
As MK said we had an average day on Saturday morning, much more wind and chop than we expected. Fishing was pretty quiet with only a couple of pannies to show for it, a few small ones coming and going but not busy. Might have to chase kings next weekend if the weather holds, its looks like theres plenty around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 1:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Wayne! If i can suss a replacement sounder I could be keen for another round if weather allows
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 5:10pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

Need to take Ricardo out to the king spot. He managed to catch some livies and was hooked up to a king briefly but the hook pulled. I got a couple of kahawai (released) And a nice 55cm snapper out at 40m. Real slow day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:28pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rickra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:07pm
Rickra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Telecaster Telecaster wrote:

Need to take Ricardo out to the king spot. He managed to catch some livies and was hooked up to a king briefly but the hook pulled. I got a couple of kahawai (released) And a nice 55cm snapper out at 40m. Real slow day.

Hi Patrick.

It was a great day being the weather with you and Mike anyway. Next time, maybe I'll have more luck and land a big boy. Happy that you managed to catch that nice Snapper.

I copied your idea about keeping the livies..haha. Yesterday I bought a portable air pump on Trademe (20 bucks), and a rectangular container that fitted perfect between my legs on my yak. That onion bag was killing my live baits too fast. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rickra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:19pm
Rickra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

They are running through the City channels. Heard of a metre long 33 and half pound snapper caught from Administration Bay and a 25lber from the Rangi channel too. You need a bit of luck to get that size though LOL

Good to know Muppet that these big boys are around. Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking bit choppy out there to go for paddle off the bays this week Ricardo. Maybe next week will be calmer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rickra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 6:42am
Rickra View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Looking bit choppy out there to go for paddle off the bays this week Ricardo. Maybe next week will be calmer.

Indeed Shaneg. Tough days for addicted anglers these days. :(
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 10:33am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:00am
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone venturing out on the weekend? Sunday arvo looks potentially fishable.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 11:29am
Platinum
Platinum

I got no sounder atm, I could try and wing it again...didnt need it last time. Will see how the weather behaves, dont like NE much 
Page  <1 634635636637638 849>