Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 619620621622623 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:39pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Saturday morning is almost looking do-able lads, might be ok by the time we get there. My Wifes birthday on Saturday so I'm on duty - no fishing. 
Smoked up that big snapper last night after marinating for a couple of days, bloody lovely. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

by the looks of it i think im gonna have a crack at narrowneck friday morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 6:13pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Captain Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 1:39pm
Captain Famous View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Took the opportunity to get out again yesterday late afternoon for a fish at Eastern Beach, arrived at ~4pm. There had been some showers on the way and overcast clouds threatened more for a while but it started to look clearer off shore and so I launched followed shortly by John and his partner. No Kahawai on the lure on my way out, from which I decided it must be a day for Snapper instead. Turned out to be quite a slow day with only nibbles picking up around 6pm and a few bite marks on the soft bait. The wind had dropped and with bursts of evening sun through the clouds it was pleasant just to be out regardless. John was managing a few undersize Snapper then got a Kahawai to keep. First check of my longline and a few baits taken but no fish hooked. Second got an undersize Snapper. Third and there were two low 30's Snapper taken on board. By around 7pm John and his partner headed to shore while I fished into dusk/dark taking a final Snapper again in low 30's, again on the longline. Packed up around 8pm. Next time I get time on a Saturday or Sunday I will head out somewhere else for a change of scene..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 1:29pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well after quite a time I finally managed to get out Staurday morning.....set off from Jones around 6am just a it started to get a little light...nice little northly (8knots) at my back as I paddled out noting that coming back would be a little interesting after not being out for such a long time.....plenty of sign on the way out...finally got to my chosen spot...set up the drogue and was still making 1/2 knot across ground due to wind and current but be that as it may....first fish came aboard approx 10 mins into the session....with a nod to the gods i threw him back and kept going....next one aboard was nice mid 40's fish which i quickly dispatched and there in the back...by this time i had dirfted far past my marks so paddling back into the breeze i started to realise how long it has been since i was in the kakyak....next couple of drifts produced another in the mid 40's and a couple in the mid 30's along with the usually barely 30's and such....no big strin g pullers this time out....by 9:30 I was happy with what i had in the back so a nice paddle back into shore head into the breeze eneded a nice little workout...hopefully weather this weekend willpickup so I can get out again as it has been far too long bentween paddles.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:24pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yes its been a while MK, through you'd packed up and gone home!Wink
I thought you might have been a bit wary of the current in that spot after the last time we were out there and the hell paddle back we had. Good to hear you got a result though.
Yep I'm hoping next weekend is good so we can check out the spring fishing action, hopefully its starting to warm up a bit by now.
Touch base later in the week.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yakman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
Yakman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone tried the new okuma tournament concept rods? Also anyone here part of the east Auckland kayak fishing club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 3:15am
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

last friday turned out to be pretty mint, especially stoked with my father getting a blue cod.

anybody else catch those before close to north head?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:13am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

no thumb print mate Wink just been jet setting around the world....after a week in Samoa kicking back on nice white beaches in high 20's and sun drinking cold beer...its a tough life but someone has to do it Beer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:44am
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Who is out this weekend?

Either Saturday or Sunday looks good depending on what forecast you look at.

I'm hoping to get out to the usual spring haunts for the 1st time this season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 1:56pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm fishing a comp on Saturday (clevedon pub fishing club) out of a mates 7m tristram. Always a nice change fishing standing up with a dry arse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Platinum
Platinum

MK that sounds like the way to spend a NZ winter mate. Not in NZ.
Yep I'm hoping that forecast gets better the closer we get to the weekend, I'm hoping to get out Sat morning, see if those spring schools are starting to show up yet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm having to ditch the yak crew for Saturday. I'm heading out on a mates boat now, I might see you up that way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:22pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:56pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Might see you lot sat morning if shoulder is sweet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 8:42am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah mate i am in..will give you a call later in the day 
Page  <1 619620621622623 849>