Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 616617618619620 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 3:43pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Think I'm pouring concrete on Sunday, Dads new glasshouse floor.
I'll let you know how it goes Sat morning, might even try same spot if wind stays good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:29pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:33pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Man the southerly sucked balls at Army bay this morning making it white cap seas not quite as bad as last time. Kept 5 nice eaters to 5lb plenty of sign about but short bite and the Twinpower has fish on it and fishes as good as it looks. 

Dont use it too much, Im buying it off you in 10 years for $300 LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 2:44pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 9:32pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I  cheated on my kayak yesterday arvo and went out on a mates boat. We hid from the wind in the lee of tiri and laid down an epic burley trail. Best fish of the day was just over 50cm. I also caught 4 decent squid using a ledger rig with a couple of squid jigs attached. The rod holder caught 2 of them from the rocking motion of the boat. Rough ride home thru the tiri channel in the dark with a couple of waves over the top of the 6m Ramco!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:28pm
Platinum
Platinum

Im off to Shakespears tomorrow morning for a couple of hours before the wind gets to bad. Plan is to be there just as the gate opens. Hope a few of those ones you missed last weekend Dan have swum round the point.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2017 at 8:44pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 9:41am
Platinum
Platinum

Well I did get there (before the gate opened as planned) but was blowing around 15 on the beach and some pretty decent gusts coming through so flagged it. I think Yves did better than I did and actually got onto the water on Sunday, but think the weather beat him too. Sick of this bloody weather. 
 Can't wait for the first spring trip out to RH point, not far away now...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:01am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:18am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah can't wait for the spring run Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:06pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Guys, I need some cheering up. My trustee station wagon got written off by a truck just over a week ago (trucks fault). I walked away without a scratch, but my new car has no roof racks, or rails to fit one.
Can u point me in the direction of a shop that has options at the right price?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 5:48am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:23am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I got mine from kayak and canoe place on the shore but yeah be prepared to drop 450-600 bucks on anything thats gonna last
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:00am
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers guys, will try both shops for a safe solution .
Got to get it sorted by end of month or I will miss spring....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:43am
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah I would advise against the soft racks, they can put a fair bit of weight on the roof of the car, and the straps can make the door rubbers leak when it rains. Best to bite the 'bullet' and get a proper rack installed. Or get a trailer if you have a towbar? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Travis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:08pm
Travis79 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Bullet Bullet wrote:

Guys, I need some cheering up. My trustee station wagon got written off by a truck just over a week ago (trucks fault). I walked away without a scratch, but my new car has no roof racks, or rails to fit one.
Can u point me in the direction of a shop that has options at the right price?

Hey Bullet, you can rely on these Cruz roof racks.
I had Airo bars with lock and they were really silent and rigid.
https://www.cruzber.com/en/
I bought them in http://www.snowcentre.co.nz
 , but I dont remember the prize. I'm not sure if they sell them still, it was in 2015.
I had prowler 13 and didn't have to use any additional carriers. The rubber on top of the bars was holding kayak sitting upside down very well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:01pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I looked on the Thule website to see what racks fit my car and then waited patiently on trade me. It didn't take long and I got them for real cheap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 11:12pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers for the ideas guys.
Research for me this weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 4:08pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah BFIST I did the same thing, got mine off Hainsey
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 9:33pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Page  <1 616617618619620 849>