Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 614615616617618 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 8:52pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 9:26pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Originally posted by shaneg shaneg wrote:

Yep Dan definitely should been on gurnards... but missus wanted snapper for tea, while I actually prefer gurnards. Possibly would have had to paddle bit further.. although one I got was straight off middle of the beach about 500 or so meters out. There's not a bad spot for them to south and bit further out than where I was. Although hard to beat those spots to north a bit more towards browns bay. Was ideal conditions for them today with so little wind and cold and still.

Yeah would have been ideal incoming tide in morning though may have been better.

Got up at 6am to head north but wind at Tiri was too strong, and flipping cold too. Back to bed until 8am then felt brave enough to get ready.
Went for a grunter mish off the bays not far from the end of a reef.
Burley on the bottom.
A slow start with just 2 on board in first hour. One snapper at 29.7cm put back.....grunter fillets would have been bigger than a 30cm fish !
From 11 until 12 they came on board thick and fast. At one point a double hook up with one on SB and one on the flasher.
Came home with 14 and a large jack Mack that took a #5 flasher rig.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 9:31pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 9:45pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Muppet Muppet wrote:

Beast grunter Brent Thumbs Up

Yip biggest I've caught.
Followed ur advice on burley, and Shane to use small pilly chunks. Worked a treat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2017 at 10:12pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work Brent. Nice to get on to them like that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 7:08pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BFIST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 7:55pm
BFIST View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tough going on Saturday up at Jones. Ended up with a few Snapper and squid. Nothing of any great size.

Saw a little seal swim around us and also had a gannet workup erupt right next to us too. No fish out of it but it was a cool experience as we were so close to Kawau, the water was real shallow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 11:00am
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wind was rubbish on Saturday, so I waited till Sunday morning hoping it would back off. Which it did, but it was still a strong easterly which made things unpleasant. I managed some pannies and a ky off the Bays and called it quits after 3 hours. Good to get a paddle in though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
Bullet View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by snapperdapper snapperdapper wrote:

Wind was rubbish on Saturday, so I waited till Sunday morning hoping it would back off. Which it did, but it was still a strong easterly which made things unpleasant. I managed some pannies and a ky off the Bays and called it quits after 3 hours. Good to get a paddle in though

I didn't use the yak as weather not good. Good on u braving it. You did better than me in a boat.
Water temp has suddenly plummeted - got a reading of 13.8 at kawau island on Sunday morning (friends boat) Fishing was tough with just 2 keepers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:52am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone heading out tomorrow morning? Looks like a fresh west/nw wind of around 10-15 knots. I may launch at shakespeare and take a look around on the edge of the channel, or maybe head up to Sullivans and tuck in behind Saddle.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:58pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:07pm
Titanium
Titanium

Fish curry turned out real good, cheers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:17pm
Titanium
Titanium

My lamb one was the best. Stiff competition though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 9:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 9:56am
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There speaks a true Englishman. I was going to say 'Brummie' given it's basically the home of the British curry, but I didn't want to make a dumb assumption based on your footie side, Dan.

I cut out a great recipe for a spicey banana-based kingfish curry from the paper a few years ago - sounds a bit weird, but it's very, very tasty, reminds me of tropical holidays.

Nice work on the kingies. Persistence paid off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 2:00pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 6:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

Your accent is not that strong, got a mate from wednesbury and once he has had a beer he may as well be speaking Russian for all the sense it makes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 3:07pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good on ya for scoring a kingy mate, I'd thought they'd all gone to sleep! I had a quicky one and a half hour session out Whangaparoa way and took three pannies home. Water was flat and clear as. 
Page  <1 614615616617618 849>