Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 525526527528529 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 6:14pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm heading up to Tauranga Bay for the last week of Feb, hope the weather plays ball as I really want to get over to Stephensons island for a look around, never know what you could hook there at this time of year...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 7:52pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 8:45am
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah bro, hooked at anchorite on kingi gear but lost around 10 pm last night. Braid touched the boat and laters
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:10am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 8:50pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

SO MANY GOLDFISH!

Launched at Sullivans at around 6.45, paddled halfway to Saddle before stopping on some sign and sending down a new penny curlytail on a 1/4oz jighead. Got picked up while the bail arm was still open, flicked it over and converted the bite into a 34CM snapper. Feeling cocky, I let it go and carried on to the outside of Saddle. Not a lot of sign on the sounder and the fish I caught (on a micro jig) all came up with sand in their mouths and long thin worms being spewed up. Nothing over 33cm for the rest of the day. I even paddled to the far side of Motuora but the fish were still small even at the 30m mark.

I did catch a perfect livie sized kahawai which I dragged around for an hour all around the rocky points of the north end of Motuora, until a gannet murdered it, Yes I said murdered - he didn't even try to eat it, just killed it and then shrugged and flew away,

My kingdom for a remington 870.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:19pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

LOL- Bloody gannets! And it didnt even eat the bloomin thing Angry Reports from sadle island have been pretty good recently- must just not've been your day Tele. I'm heading out local early tomorrow. Not holding my breath though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 9:30am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 8:19pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Surprisingly good results were had this morning even though it was a ripping easterly onshore of note. Several fish landed, kept 2 -largest being a nice 48 cm fatty. Fought like hell.  Done and dusted by 8.30 Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:23am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep still plenty of goldfish out there. Had some friends staying with us so had a late morning on the water on saturday, girls on the paddle boards boys on the yaks. We took a couple of rods with us just for a giggle. Was stunning out of the water, stinking hot but nice to be fishing just in a pair of shorts for a change. Only about 1200m offshore we got the usual plague of 25cm snaps, some of them taking 5cm paddle tails so they were hungry little buggers. Couple of 35cm came home with us so it was nice to get lunch out of it, despite the usual boat/ski traffic. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 4:49pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 5:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

oops yeah maybe we were little further out than that! thats why I'm not a builder... now corrected
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:21pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:39pm
Platinum
Platinum

i might even join the gang if i get roof racks in time. bought new whip today, back into yaking at last
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:02pm
toasta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

i might even join the gang if i get roof racks in time. bought new whip today, back into yaking at last

Loooong way to the mokes in a yak DV
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:05pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:12pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by toasta toasta wrote:

Originally posted by DenimViper DenimViper wrote:

Loooong way to the mokes in a yak DV

If i get 150 HP yama on it, its doable Gaz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tom the Pom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:20pm
Tom the Pom View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just catching up on the forum. Dan, Pete and Wayne, glad I can amuse you with my amazing ability to drop decent fish. And it happened again on my mate's boat just as I was telling him to get the net as it felt like a decent fish...
Believe it or not I never used to swear that much until I started fishing....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 11:16am
Platinum
Platinum

Fishermen don't swear Tom, must be a new thing. Neither do golfers come to think of it...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote leakymalibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 7:28pm
leakymalibu View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

went for a fish near the mussel farm off kaiaua on the weekend. A bit windy and forgot my drogue so was only out for an hour and a half. landed one 38cm snapper and a few small ones in about 4m of water. lost a real good fish that towed me around for a while. blowed if I know what it was, hit a softy, didn't feel like a king or snapper.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 8:00am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

OK conditions are looking good for a fish tomorrow finally....woohoo.....mate has picked up a kayak and is keen as....so plan is to head back for a kingie mish as he is keen to get one.....if that doesn't play out to well cause we all know what happened last time, will probably look to head off for a snap fish elsewhere....anyone else up for a kingie mish tomorrow morning??
Page  <1 525526527528529 849>