Auckland Yakkers

Page  <1 487488489490491 849>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Travis79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 9:24am
Travis79 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Is anybody keen to test his/her kayak surfing skills on Saturday? Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 10:01am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Eeeesh! doesn't look to flash for Saturday! Yep James even when the fishing is that good its impossible to top Dan at this game! 
Nice work Yves (again!) you've been smashing it lately man, you're showing some good form leading up to the next KOTB fella, have to say I'm feeling a bit intimidated! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 10:51am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just a quick washup from yesterday.....similar to Yves, got the same intel Thumbs Up and headed out just after 8, pretty sure I saw you out there Yves, and you are right, things got pretty messy around lunch time but the reload handled things pretty well, but between then managed to get onto some good fish hitting the nuc chicken grub, dead bait and probably the one that surprised me the most the microjig.....them fish are hungry.....lots of different sized snaps with my best two coming within 2 mins of each other both in the 40's....very much looking forward to the spring run...though I seriously need to work on my livebaiting skills..Embarrassed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 1:01pm
DenimViper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was good to run into you Michael. The conditions were much better when we set out , pretty calm till about 3 pm. then Westerlies kicked in with some showers. I managed to keep 4 , dropped couple goodies too, gannets bombing towards the end of the evening about 1km further out so I wasnt keen on paddling back in the dark. Left them do their thing . 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 2:56pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 11:03pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

aaah, that was you opting to stay out in that chop then Michael- I should've popped over to say hello, but I was trying to find that patch of fish I found earlier but I found that chop pretty disorientating so ended up cutting my losses and packing it in.  Was a bummer though- I was really enjoying playing with the light gear Smile  I dunno Dan- whenever we've gone fishing you always end up catching all the fish! Its only when I move away from you that my catches get better! Wayno- glad you got into some mean fishing and right on your doorstep pretty much- I reckon that place will hold fish for a few weekends still, just need this wind to back off, this weekend looks mental
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 8:32am
Platinum
Platinum

This morning would have been mint out there, hopefully they've got the weekend forecast all wrong too! ...might be a bit hopeful....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 7:12pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapperdapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 9:53pm
snapperdapper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

ci4+1 2500- I opted on something with a bit more line capacity- just in case Wink  Super, ,super light and smooth as silk so far
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:35am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm knocking off work early tomorrow and should be launching at Army bay around 3.30pm for a quick fish until dark.

If anyone wants to tag along, silver honda civic with an orange prowler 13 on the roof.

Wind and tide should be together and may be a bit of rain but should be 10 knots or less.

Any recent intel on the area would be great?

Cheers
Patrick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:40am
Platinum
Platinum

1.5 - 2km straight from the ramp. search for baitschools and youll find snapper hopefully. area fished well last weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 11:47am
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers mate, were you getting them on softies? What sort of depth?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DenimViper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 12:16pm
Platinum
Platinum

yep zmans, 12- 15 m
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 12:50pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

TC I was getting them on the GULP, deadbait and microjig....them fish were hungry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2015 at 1:15pm
Titanium
Titanium

Cool, I'll let you know how I get on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 1:15pm
Platinum
Platinum

This weekend looks pretty buggered, unless anyone has any great idea's...?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 1:16pm
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Drink beer and watch the warriors get a spanking....LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 4:24pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 9:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

Didn't quite slay them but came home with a couple of nice pannies around the 50cm mark. Let quite a few small ones go and lots of small blue mackerel. Calmed down nicely on dusk.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 12:04am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work TC
Page  <1 487488489490491 849>