Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 3233343536 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:16pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not really, all it means is that the cone angle is more 'under' your boat rather than at the transom, in some regards this is more desirable, such as bottom fishing.  What sounder? You can apply noise filters or reduce 'surface clutter' which will help.  It should not get interference on a smooth hull - , it's more likely grabbing tiny microscopic air bubbles somehow? Is the transducer face super smooth?
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 7:49am
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Not really, all it means is that the cone angle is more 'under' your boat rather than at the transom, in some regards this is more desirable, such as bottom fishing.  What sounder? You can apply noise filters or reduce 'surface clutter' which will help.  It should not get interference on a smooth hull - , it's more likely grabbing tiny microscopic air bubbles somehow? Is the transducer face super smooth?

Garmin 750s,,ill lift it up a bit today and try it with it angled forward again ,what you say regarding angle makes sense ,I've got it set on " no surface clutter" already..great unit love the thing,had. Small issue with it from new and got it replaced real fast so warranty is good as well
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 10:12am
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got my quote back a few days ago for my F14 fisher custom and the build should be started soon.

just got to find a suitable outboard now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 10:16am
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice! Im seriously considering the f16 now, cant decide if cuddy or centre console

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 10:28am
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

corokingi. I have a 40 Honda on mine. Plenty of power ,but would possibly consider a 50 if doing again.Talk to Brendon about motors. He test drives the boats,and would know all about this aspect.
Got the impression that some seem to perform better than others on his boats.  Different brands with same H.P seem to have different cc ratings. Maybe something to do with it.?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 12:47pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah there are lots of different options , but price will be major factor on what i end up getting.

6 grand is about max i want to spend at this stage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2013 at 4:05pm
Spearsniper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

Hydraulic steering can fail too. I was out on a 10m launch, suddenly the boat careered around sharply to starboard, and the motor overheated and shut down. Two belts on the motor had broken, stopping hydraulic pressure and water pump. Luckily we were near Home Bay Rakino, and a passing boat towed us in there. Where we replaced the two belts.
A couple of months later, the belts broke again. Aint boating fun!
Personally, considering the hydraulic pump and oil pipes and unions,  I would expect hydraulic to be no more reliable than direct cable.

I don't think you will find too many belt driven hydraulic pumps on these boats. I have found that the hydraulic setup used for small boats with outboards to be very reliable - you just need to remember to keep the fluid level topped up. In fact for some of the centre console setups, it is not possible to use cable steering due to the large number of tight bends. Just a pity some boat manufacturers don't understand all those spec sheets supplied with cable steering.
www.spearfishingreview.info
"If at first you don't succeed, reload and try again"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 2:01pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

One thing I dont like about boating, is having to pull the anchor up. I was on the F14 yesterday, and retreived the berley pot using my new manual winch - a long line type of hand winch, in a rod holder. Bloody good, much easier and tidier than pulling it into the boat.
I wondered if I could use something like that to pull up the anchor. I know there are various electric powered winches - from models that pull rope into the anchor bin, to winches that pull rope onto a drum. But, they have downsides - cost a lot - require a lot of electric power with attendant reliability angles.
I could imagine winding a winch manually would be much easier than back bending. Just a thought. Any one know any more than me on this?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 2:31pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 3:23pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by letsgetem letsgetem wrote:

One thing I dont like about boating, is having to pull the anchor up. I was on the F14 yesterday, and retreived the berley pot using my new manual winch - a long line type of hand winch, in a rod holder. Bloody good, much easier and tidier than pulling it into the boat.
I wondered if I could use something like that to pull up the anchor. I know there are various electric powered winches - from models that pull rope into the anchor bin, to winches that pull rope onto a drum. But, they have downsides - cost a lot - require a lot of electric power with attendant reliability angles.
I could imagine winding a winch manually would be much easier than back bending. Just a thought. Any one know any more than me on this?

grab a empty 20 litre drum or float and a big shackle and use that . or make the mrs do it .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 7:54pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Couple of Q's for you 4.1 HS owners;

Whats the freeboard, or floor to top of side height in one of the 4.1 HSD models? 

How are the high sides welded, a single seam or stitch welds?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 10:46am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

As the pickup day gets closer (23-28 days to go) there are a couple of things i need to get sorted. 

As I am getting the F14 Dinghy, I am wanting to get a Bimini Canopy to install to provide some amount of shade while I am trolling around on the lakes down here (would do the same if I were getting any boat now I think about it). I am looking at this - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=560845234 - seeing it is 1200 max height and I am a touch over 6 foot tall, will I need some blocks to mount the Bimini on to get some extra height so i dont have to crouch to get under the Bimini when moving around the boat?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2013 at 1:55pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 2:39pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone have a F14 Dinghy in Auckland I could have a look at?
Getting close to placing an order, just want to see one in the flesh before I do.

Cheers
Karl
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ManCave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:16pm
ManCave View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yes, but we are in Beachlands - may be a bit far for you?
The trout is a harsh mistress.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:18pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks ManCave hoping for someone a bit closer to home but I do need to see one in the flesh before
spending the $$$, so if no one else has one I will chuck you a PM and hopefully we can sort out a time that suits.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 10:37pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well the boat is 99.9% done and looks great! Only one thing I am not happy with but will discuss this with Brendon tomorrow (The gauges were supposed to be digital so I had some fuel management for the built in tank) - I will give him the benefit of the doubt that something has been sorted out about this though untill I talk to him tomorrow on the phone.

It is going on the truck around 11am tomorrow to come up to Auckland.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feijoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:05pm
feijoa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks mean!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 11:11pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Indeed it does, I am extremely happy with it from looking at the photos, Im just hoping that the little cover on the fuel tank (starboard side behind the hoses) is a fuel sender so i can get some sort fuel management going through NEMA 2000. I can see a little wire coming out of the cover but am just speculating at the moment. Brendon didn't finish until 10pm tonight. Im probably in Kirsten's bad books for keeping him at work late on valentines day!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 12:09pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mean!!!! Cool
You cant eat my toast fish
Page  <1 3233343536 195>