Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 3435363738 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 8:49pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The motor is on the lowest hole, hence the problem. Brendon is looking at getting the top of the pod chopped off and lowered so that we can drop the motor by 20-25mm. Yea I think the motor will loosen up a little and when we are able to trim it out properly I think 30mph at WOT should be achievable. Remember I have around 150-200kgs of extra weight with the extra fuel, dual batteries, tuna tubes (full of water) and the large live bait tank. Anyway we will see how we get on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 8:52pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dont worry sam there will be a easy answer.Maybe too much forward,yet i feel they can carry weight forward very well  I know my F14 experienced cavatation at WOT with motor trimmed to top gf Trim gauge . Would love to see your rig  sometime
BTW emailed Brendon re slight  lean to left at 5000+ revs. Apparently lots of small boats have this problem.
They replied saying i was trimming it wrong.So on Monday went down channel from french bay to near Cornwallis & back following their recommendations. Trimmed to centre of gauge @ 5500 revs and with an extra 20 Kg on the left side (lean side )as well. Problem gone.
Where did you go to get that mileage.? Thats a good start.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:35pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by NZ4X4 NZ4X4 wrote:

The motor is on the lowest hole, hence the problem. Brendon is looking at getting the top of the pod chopped off and lowered so that we can drop the motor by 20-25mm. Yea I think the motor will loosen up a little and when we are able to trim it out properly I think 30mph at WOT should be achievable. Remember I have around 150-200kgs of extra weight with the extra fuel, dual batteries, tuna tubes (full of water) and the large live bait tank. Anyway we will see how we get on.

Yeah if its to high now your driving the nose into the water,took a while to get mine in the right spot,all good now.how many litres for the 44 miles travelled ?
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:42pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

Yeah if its to high now your driving the nose into the water,took a while to get mine in the right spot,all good now.how many litres for the 44 miles travelled ?

Were not 100% sure of the exact fuel usage, but we didn't even use 1/4 of the tank. so less that 12 liters. I am going to hook the HDS7 up to the fuel system so I have exact fuel burn data.

Just out of interest, where does your anti cavitation plate sit in relation to the bottom of the hull?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:46pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

not an expert on this but i have same weight motor on same boat/hull. My motor is set at the highest hole. Was told it could come down 1 notch but not essential.Just thinking that weight forward is equal to about 2 adults.Would that be enough to cause that cavitation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 9:58pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Were not 100% sure of the exact fuel usage, but we didn't even use 1/4 of the tank. so less that 12 liters. I am going to hook the HDS7 up to the fuel system so I have exact fuel burn data.

Just out of interest, where does your anti cavitation plate sit in relation to the bottom of the hull?

Mine is aprox 45 to 50 mm under bottom of the hull,i do alot of wakeboarding and at the higher setting was getting cavitation when turning,under full power with 2 adults trimmed up to its best performance when i look overvthe back ive got water over the cavitation plate
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 9:47am
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Here are the photos as promised. Sorry for the poor quality.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:01pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The value of a hinged section of the screen, has been mentioned before. I have a F14 with a hinged section. Other views have been that it isnt warranted, as working the anchor is ok without it. I wondered about it.
I have now been on a F14 without a hinged screen - and in my opinion, having to get the arms over the screen, it is a lot harder to retrieve the anchor - compared with my hinged screen that allows getting further forward and lower to pull. And it didnt cost much. $350
While I am about it - I installed a longline type manual reel with the berley rope, in a rod holder - and its great - much easier to pull in the berley pot, and much tidier without the rope in the boat.

I am wondering if the anchor could be pulled on a manual drum reel. I suppose considering the forces involved, it would need to be a lot stronger than the longline reel. Anyone tried this?   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 12:56pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

agree rex re hinged screen. although i find working anchor without a hinged screen easy,all said and done would be better with one. sometimes i find i put a bit of weight onto the screen when getting anchor in.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ManCave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 5:06pm
ManCave View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looks great of2sh.  I can see myself getting my F14 dinghy converted to side console sometime in the future.  In the meantime though, I'm interested in your chilly bin seat.  I'm thinking about removing my thwart and replacing it with my 55l Icey-Tek bin, but I haven't worked out how to keep it tied down.
Does yours have some kind of fitting screwed into the bin itself?  It looks like there is something in the bottom right of the bin in the pic below.
Cheers,
Steve

new bait table/livietank,carpet on floor and shelves,fitted fire extingisher,thats about it for now,will put on a permatrim later on
The trout is a harsh mistress.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2013 at 6:02pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Its got a ring screwed into the bin,they are available from FCO along with the bungee cord loops that hold the bin down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ManCave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2013 at 8:51am
ManCave View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks, I think I know the ones you mean.
Steve
The trout is a harsh mistress.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:47pm
Nathan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Would anyone have a 495 fisher in Auckland that I could have a nosey at? Thanks heaps, Nathan
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2013 at 1:53pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Corokingi Corokingi wrote:

Originally posted by Southern_Jez Southern_Jez wrote:

Thats awesome ... however can i ask you let him get your boat out of the workshop so he can get started on mine please? WinkWink

guess mines after yours then LOL

I get mine next friday!!! woop woop

They have 31 boats in the queue ... getting very popular ... the board was filled out til the end of april with F14's of various types
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2013 at 8:33pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

jesus im just ordering mine , but saying that my f14 is pretty much a bare hull so hopefully won't take too long to get finished.

My Printer does'nt work so can't print the sales agreement and get it back to them  until tomorrow Angry

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 7:48pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Corokingi Corokingi wrote:

jesus im just ordering mine , but saying that my f14 is pretty much a bare hull so hopefully won't take too long to get finished.

My Printer does'nt work so can't print the sales agreement and get it back to themĀ  until tomorrow Angry

I was talking to mark at hosking trailers and he said he had one comming to sell on behalf,think you buy the boat and trailer ,its a standard f14 so might be worth emailing kirsten to find out the details

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote macka2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2013 at 8:21pm
macka2012 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hello guys and girls,

I have ordered a F14 Fisher with a few mods, first of all I have asked for a anchor bay like the F16, 4 Aluminium rod holders welded in and a lip on the dash (to stop stuff falling off if I encounter a bit of chop).

Could anyone take a photo of the dash on a F14 Fisher from the port side looking at the dash and where the helm station starts so I can get an idea of what angle the helm station top is on?

Looking forward to the arrival of my new Frewza Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:11am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

of2fish, Where did you get that neat bait table/livietank?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 10:46am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Macka2012, will try and get these pics for you this evening, cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 11:51am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There have been a few negative posts on the trailers supplied with these boats.

What are the problems with them?
Page  <1 3435363738 195>