Electric Torpedo Kontiki

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric Torpedo Kontiki
    Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 10:20pm
Nuts View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am in the market to buy a complete electric kontiki fishing system, but am unsure which brand to buy. There would appear to be three main manufacturers: Seahorse, Kentiki and Powertiki. Anybody out there able to give some first hand advice?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:13pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Kinda the wrong forum for that sort of carry onLOL
Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:33pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's just straight out dirty talkLOL
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Milkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 6:02am
Milkey View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I might have a seahorse,and it might be the bees knees.Might also have the electric winch which makes life easier.Ok,your guys suspicions are correct.I do have one and its great.
But my favourite piece of plastic is my P13 Embarrassed

Proud Prowler Roller, bowler and a$$holer since Feb' 2008.......not anymore, Profish 440 yeah boy!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:37am
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nuts,
         The talk on the beach is that there is a new one being developed now & is due for release at the Hamilton Boat show & it will out perform all the others on the market so if it is a new one you are after might be worth waiting, if it is good as I have heard there may be a lot of 2nd hand ones on the market as well after the show.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:50pm
Bluebox View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,

If anyone is interested I have made a homemade torpedo and designed the electronics to provide the timing and speed of the motor.
The design is based of the Mercury Thrust electric prop.

The unit has 2x 7 segment display to display time and motor speed settings.
Has terminals that caters for any switch setup whether normal switch or reid.

Timing is based on 5 - 40 minutes and increments of 5 minutes.
A very clever unit and price is cheaper that most timing units available plus designed for this purpose alone.

Relays will be required to drive the higher current outputs for the 3 speed options.

Contact me either by email [email protected] or visit www.bluebox.co.nz

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 11:30pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT STOP IT,Pinch
Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 8:29am
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im with you. Blasphemy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:10pm
Bluebox View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I thought it would be nice top share my knowledge and experience.
I have created what I beleive a clever system and willing to share mostly to cover parts etc. Unless anyone here understand "C" re programming a CPU. Then it can be free.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:09pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sorry mate, just poking fun really.
No probs with you sharing you ideas at all, I just think most of us are fairly staunch kayak fisherman so I would imagine you'll get a lot more favourable intrest in the Walk-About forum.
But welcome to the forum
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levinlarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:11pm
levinlarge View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The walk about section does not condone the use of Contikis either!!!!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:20pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bugga... well there ya go.
Buy a kayak, its the only way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 4:57pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Live and let live, fellas.   However, considering how many Kintikis (at $1500 a pop) get lost it might indeed be cheaper to fish from a kayak.   Certainly more exiting,

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:14pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Nuts - ignore these phillistines - come over to the Briney Bar where hugs and group sex are commonplace. Welcome to the forums'
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 6:29pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

Nuts - ignore these phillistines - come over to the Briney Bar where hugs and group sex are commonplace. Welcome to the forums'

I'm buyin a boat - can i cum tooTongue
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:31pm
Bluebox View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nothing wrong with Kontikis - Kayaks is just another means to fish.
Some people want to built these and at the cost to purchase oooch $1500+
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:57pm
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It's not very clever when your web site doesn't exist & you don't reply to e-mails. chip'n
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bluebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2008 at 9:00am
Bluebox View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Website and emails back online... :) - there was an issue at the time all is good.