Fantasy Rig

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote burwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 3:59pm
burwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kerren, is that tank as sea worthy as she looks. Id imagine she could take just about anything? I know you have fished aboard her also. Palacial? Would be nice to fish on that one sometime
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:02pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Strawberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:06pm
Strawberry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hmmmm
"The sharks are circling"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:06pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Adam....palacial doesn't really do the UL justice I'm affraid....perfection to the nth degree but certainly not pretentious....a true luxury sport fisher if there ever was one!....been aboard 6 or 7 times now and she never ceases to impress!

the "baddest" conditions I've been fortunate to be part of was an easy 4-5ms with a goodly amount to puff on the top positioned  around 150nm from anywhere....not once did I think "damn this is nasty"...just have to becareful about where you place your beer!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:08pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Lance Island Girl has been for sale for some time now and it looks like the price has increased some what?

One thing I have found is that when one owns a launch your troubles have just begun, tis very easy to own a trailer boat, really there is not alot of maintainance, wait till you get a big girl, ask anyone who has one.

Ultimate lady is the go alright but bugger me other than westhaven where the hell could I keep her?

thats why i like the idea of a 12m boat comfortable able to operate it by your self, not to big and not to small and berthage really is never a problem.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pennyless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:12pm
pennyless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You are one lucky man Kezza to get to go fishing of a boat like that. She looks impressive on the tv.
The wife said if i go fishing one more time she will leave me, god i'm going to miss her
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 4:46pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Something like that would do just fine.
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 5:14pm
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fred was telling me that his Ultimate Lady is custom built so doesn't qualify for the Fantasy Rig. But hey if money was no object then who wouldn't get one. You would also want unlimited cash to run her though, over $100 bucks a minute when operating WOT. He loaned me some home videos of the hijinx that goes on onboard her. Funny stuff and more swearing than the Ultimate GameLOL
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 5:36pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by phantomdeviant phantomdeviant wrote:

...and more swearing than the Ultimate GameLOL

Bullshet! That's not possible
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote studio1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 5:38pm
studio1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That's the boat my boss is selling. Not sue what the 100fter is they are replacing it with, but I'll find out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 5:46pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PD....I'm sure Craig Loomes wouldn't be against the idea of building another 27m Wave Piercer to UL specs?.....so why wouldn't it quailfy?....I think I may have missed a point somewhere....every boat is "customised" to some extent by their current owners?

check out Craig Loomes other "wave piercer"

http://www.digitalmarketingusa.com/82craigloomeswavepiercer.html

....perhaps a sister ship for the UL even, just different config and I understand there are several other similar hulls floating in some far flung desinations.....the UL is certainly customised by it's owner as a sport fisher rather than a cruiser.

...anyhoo...yeah like you say the lads that get to go away on the trips are always really good value!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:24pm
Titanium
Titanium

Not worth arguing over but it was my understanding that to qualify in the Fantasy rig theme the boat was one you could just go buy, not have made. Which is why I chose the Hatteras. If was having one made I don't think I could choose something outright but the Ultimate Lady is right up there
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:27pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

whose arguing? Stern%20Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:40pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by burwood burwood wrote:

Ok nuttas. Money no object what current production fishing machine would you buy. The rig must be a volume production vessel not a one off so no 'Id call salthouse and ask for a 90ft SF'

Okay My bad but under these requirements Ultimate Lady doesn't qualify. No doubt Mr Loomes would love to build another. Maybe arguing wasn't the right word
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:42pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yes I have recently brought a new rig but ideas are afoot to trade up inside the next 24mths. I agree BA,  bigger boats mean bigger commitments etc etc etc, but only through dreaming and planning can one achieve those dreams .  Just need the cashflow and time to manage it,  and this issue is well and proper being slowly sorted after 7 years hard slog.  Ive always wanted a larger launch and with little steps along the way I will end up with something close to what ive always dreamed of in years to come .  Wetspot is but a step up the ultimate Game Fisher ladder :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:43pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lance@driveline.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 7:46pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Agreed Mangre2,  Those Black Watch rigs are very very very nice :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote burwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 8:14pm
burwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

are we arguing-my fantasia is bigger than ursTongue

PD-sin bin for 5 minutes for calling UL an illegal post-shame on youLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 9:19pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

good luck Lance and i hope you do go bigger, i know for a fact you wont look back and wonder why you never did it from the start.

Tom go stand in the corner please, but i figure you are right but go stand in the corner anyways,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 at 9:57pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

fantasy rig well my spec please

40  odd foot ish give or take
a few cabins
fly bridge and watch tower (please)
duck board defiantly
.............. and a very happy man i would be

don't know F all about  launches but something similar would suit me and the whanau to the T

http://www.blackwatch.com.au/40fly/bw40flybridgegallery.htm

Page  <1234>