BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 906907908909910 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:45am
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yep, we are taking registrations Friday from 5.45-7pm. If anyone would like fish filleted then we will arrange just flag at weigh station with Bryan Jones. We will distribute the fish frames/heads to the locals.

Jeff
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:16pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cool.  I was gonna hang around the filleting station like the other year and grab some tasty heads, belly flaps and back bones if anyone didn't want them.  

I'm not liking the southerly forecast.  I may have to bring my hot water bottle on the kayak to keep my ballbags warm.  LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 6:41am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I seem to remember you mentioning your balls last time Schecter, they must be very important to you LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Anyone want to swap a softbait rod for a $50 Hunting and fishing voucher ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:36am
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I’ve got a k-labs 24-t if your keen piwi. Or a fin-nor troppo stick both 7ft both in used condition but still in good nick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 11:47am
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fin-nor rod you can have with reel loaded with 20lb power pro braid
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 1:40pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jordan sent you a pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 2:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Cheers Jordan but I spent my voucher today. Surf is actually up over 1.5m but coming from east so should miss inside east Cape.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 3:10pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've just checked at pukehina and matata. There's some gnarly surf at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 3:18pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeh schecter you’ll probably find the surf calming the further east you go. It’s pretty good at Thornton. All good piwi. If anyone keen on k-labs rod I found a extra top section from an old broken but section of same model
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:38pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That an overhead or spin 24t top end Jordan?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote **SLATER** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:02pm
**SLATER** View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How did everyone do today?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:14pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Was a great comp nice conditions and great bunch of guys.
Fishing was pretty tough for me with 7 hours for only 4 pannies and couple of KY.
Cam found a great spot and got a few late 50s early 60s. Darren, Heath, Mark and Mark junior, all got a good snapper each.
Mark's boy won a kayak. Cams team won snapper division.
Dude filleted our fish like a boss at the weigh in.
Thanks Cam for driving me down etc much appreciated.
Good to see everyone at the club, Fatcat and Fishkiller, Tiki, Schecter, DT and Dad, Jordan x 2 , Potty, etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:21pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Pretty slow for me at maraenui in ebop comp today.
B and berley for morning but only got a heap of sharks and lost gear. Went on a drift with Softies and micros and got couple snaps and a gurnard.
Not good enough for individual prizes but we managed to take out the team prize by only 200 gms.
Well done to all who took out prizes and congrats to the organisers for another well run event
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 1:37pm
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks to those that entered our EBOP comp, appreciate the effort you all made and hope you all caught fish and had fun time. Next year we'll do it again. I'll be posting the results asap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 5:12pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Epic weekend Ripples, you guys run an awesome comp.
Highlights
- catching up with great people that make Kayak fishing so special.
- Stopping off at spot R today for a look on the way home. The waves were seriously pumping and we could see 2 yaks out there doing it.
Josh (Slatter) bro you seriously owned it 👊🏻. Epic skill making it in clean 👍
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:16pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Spin same as pictured noponies
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whoopa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 6:51pm
whoopa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone know wat biggest snapper was in comp first weekend not fishing in along time .think be in comp next year 4 sure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:10pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Whoopa the max size allowed was 60cm. There were loads near that.
Overall average weight was really good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 7:49pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers Jordan. I have two OH butt sections in need of top sections.
Page  <1 906907908909910 1025>