BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 796797798799800 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3ducks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:42pm
3ducks View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Anyone heading out tomorrow morning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:30am
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I’m loaded
Was going to try maketu for a change
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 11:43am
Flannel View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I went out around rabbit island this morning but it was still real murky
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 6:13pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys, not a yak report but did a loop of pap beach today and didnt spot any skippies. Did see flying fish though and were a few kings around. Water was merky and the snaps were not hitting lures that often but did get 7 fatties in the bin by 9:30. All in 15/25mtrs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 10:14am
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got some ‘donkies’ out of the harbour yesterday avo. On slow jigs and softbait in the middle of the avo.

That current fair steams out. Found the fishing rubbish until the current really got moving. All about learning I guess. Not much weed either, but did find some interesting stuff floating including logs, drink bottles and a set of stairs
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:19pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good on ya Jono getting out there. Are you out from Ferguson park somewhere ?

I need to get out and work off some of the Christmas cheer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 3:03pm
Platinum
Platinum

yeah mate, pretty much straight out from fergy drifting down towards Kulim. Its only 2 mins from home so easy to sneak out for a couple of hours, Papamoa is a 25 min drive so eats up an hour of fishing time. 
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gooch cramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Gooch cramp View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Got out back of matakana today kahawai were in plague proportions boil ups all morning. Got 5 snaps nothing big 1 on softies other 4 on an engetsu jig
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adammac-hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:45pm
adammac-hill View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looking at heading out on Saturday morning either in the harbour or off pap somewhere if anyone else is keen to get out for a paddle?

Also, I'm going to shoot out after work tomorrow around Omokoroa, has anyone had any issues with setting/retrieving an anchor in the current or would you recommend tying up to a marker pole?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:54pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Jono good work.

Adam saturday looks mint. Im keen off papamoa. I think it would depend where you anchor in the harbour. Channels will be fast but on the flats ok. Off Papamoa you dont have to worry about all that and should catch more fish 😀
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 6:55pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went out Omoks yesterday. Lots of teethy creatures so just be aware. Caught 4 snaps during incoming.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 7:47pm
Platinum
Platinum

Adam, biggest issue for the anchor in the harbour for me has been sea lettuce, I have had times there where the lettuce has been so thick it drags you off your anchorage, in saying that, very little lettuce when I was out yesterday. The flow in the channels was exactly twice as fast as just on the flats. 

Gooch, where did you launch from to go along matakana?

I could be keen for another a mission one morning if anyone is keen, I am off work for the rest of the week so why not. 
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gooch cramp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 2:34pm
Gooch cramp View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nah i was a lazy ******* jono took the boat. Launched from bottom of the mount definitely possible from the yak on a good day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:13pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A trucks got in the way of my fishing for a while.Shocked

No injuries, lucky.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:57pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sheez Dale, were you in that? Lucky it wasn't your small car? Did the kayak fly of the roof, racks and all?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:23pm
Platinum
Platinum

Lucky no one was hurt, looks like a good shunt
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 6:38pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Shot out from Taylors this morning at a leisurely 8 am - good sign at 12 metres and two snaps on board quick - nothing for a bit then drifted over some work ups and ky galore, 3 rat kings and another couple snaps
Had drifted well down so was a good paddle back into the wind
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 7:00pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was Mrs Ponies and Mini Ponies in the car. No kayaks on the car, but ironically she had to stop for a trailer load of kayaks turning off the main highway. Truck came over the hill and no time to stop.

Nice fishing Scottyboy!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:24pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scary stuff Dale, hope they are all ok.

Nice one Scotty. Good to know local is fishing well.

Anyone heading out saturday ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:33pm
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Spot R was fishing really hard this morning.☹️
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.
Page  <1 796797798799800 1025>