BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 647648649650651 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 3:40pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scotty Im not sure about the next couple of days looks to be 1m surf and south east ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 4:03pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ahh, I have some of his inchukus, been so long though since I got them. Totally forgot about his gear. Will have to place an order.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:23pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I like reading your Yakkers yabber.
Would you be able to drop a few bags at my mates? I'm in Titirangi but he's in Paps and will hold for me...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:26pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Chip'n Chip'n wrote:

Anybody need any bags of silica [dessica]? to put in with their fishing gear, have got loads on site here so let me know. Cheers dale

I like reading your Yakkers yabber.
Would you be able to drop a few bags at my mates? I'm in Titirangi but he's in Paps and will hold for me...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:31am
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys, this is the report from our blind sports club weekend trying out some kayak fishing, the link should have the pics etc, thought you might find it hard case!

As you can see by all the pics and footage, despite the terrible forecast, the BOP Blind Sports Club headed up the coast for the weekend to try some kayak fishing!

Tim Taylor, aka NZKayaker, roped in a bunch of volunteers, all expert kayak fishermen of course, to pilot and assist the Club members that were able to attend, so after a general meet and greet on the Friday evening, and an excellent night’s sleep, curtesy of The Anglers Lodge, we were all up at the crack of dawn and ready to get things going!

The weather couldn’t have been any better, flat sea, very little wind, and overcast so no sun to make us all too hot, and after a short spell on the beach sorting out lifejackets and other equipment, it was straight on the water and into the fish!

Except for Mr Peri who decided he’d rather swim than kayak, or maybe he was just testing the buoyancy aids, but either way, after taking a quick dip, and then another quick dip, he headed back to the beach to relax, which after all, is what you do best in the Coromandel!

All told, there were 26 Snapper and 10 Kahawai landed, with Steph Jobson taking out the biggest Snapper at 48cm, and Andrew Law the biggest Kahawai at 60.5cm.

Back on the beach by midday, back to the lodge for Venison on the BBQ, thanks to Tim’s good shooting, then an afternoon of relaxing until it was time to BBQ some of the fish for tea!

What a weekend, I can’t see how it could have turned out any better!

A huge thanks to Tim for all the time, effort and equipment,

Another huge thanks to all the volunteers, too many to list by name,

Thanks to the Legacy trust for help with the transport,

And thanks to the Anglers Lodge for being an awesome place to stay!

Oh, and sorry about them apples  Johan, but they always taste better if they’re stolen!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:10am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot to everyone invovled with that weekend, looks like a good time with some good results. I'll be looking to head out later in the week thurs/fri if anyones around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 11:11am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

Pretty messy out there sunday and today. saw a commercial boat about 1.5 to 2kms out off Paps on sunday probably making the most of the inshore snapper.

Got some more Micros from Kaveman today, like candy to me and the fish Smile

Just in time for coutta season
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Aliascieza awesome for you guys to experience yakfishing and nice job by Tim.

Downtown yeah its the Coutta or reef that gets them haha. I actually havent caught a Coutta for years. The very first one I caught at nightime when fishing solo as a newbie. I was so freaked out I towed it back to shore and took it home to show the family. My mother reckoned it was good eating but she was confusing the tropical Barracuda with our Barracoutta LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:14pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I looking to head out on Friday dt
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 1:48pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work everyone, looks like snapper season is here. This weekend is looking good, hopefully this weather holds!

Did you get your new sounder Scotty? What was wrong with the Lowrance?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 2:45pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

not yet sbbo - was hoping to sell my penn combo to help fund it but not takers yet - do u a good deal if ya keenTongue and get u into a smaller overhead set up 
Just time for a change of brands on the FF TBH
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:34pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

You bored of your FF Scotty

Smallboat im keen in the weekend let me know where you are going. Is your baby out working yet ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 5:53pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Over the maps not working all the time piwi .
U get used to having them esp in new areas like the coromandel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:54pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have you got a map chip scotty? i've never bothered getting one but if your flicking it off i might be keen. Looks arse for tomorrow and friday not much better will keep an eye on it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 7:54pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was keen on Harrison's piwi. Def keep in touch Saturday is looking better, but first light is close to 7.30am! Lol yeah pooing and eating is a full time job!

Haha ever wheelers and dealers on this forum Scotty. If the rod was a two piece I might consider.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 8:40pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah had the map chirp one for a bit dt but it works only sporadically- the chartplotter works all the time which is a good feature tho - still having power issues with it tho so need to figure that one out . Once sbbo guys my combo I be all good to buy the Garmin unit I reckon.
Legion rod is a one piece but could put a 2 piece Shimano rod in its place for ya
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2017 at 10:24pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'll be keen for Sat morning off the domain. Looks like good winds, bit more swell though...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 10:06am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I'm going to Rogeys Saturday morning - 6:45 you can see the waves i think haha - gotta be in by 10 to go punish some golf balls so hopefully they're biting

You wont look back after a Garmin Scotty LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 10:35am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah saturday looks to be shaping up nicely but not an option for me so still looking at tomorrow the wave seems to be slowly dropping away.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 12:11pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I just went surfing down the mount and it was about 1m swell. Looks like light winds the next few days but still a bit of a wave.

Muse fishing and golf you are living the dream haha.

Noponies we need to get you a softbait caught snapper. Do you use a drogue ? Gotta keep that softie on the bottom.
Page  <1 647648649650651 1025>