BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 644645646647648 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody awesome work to everyone out there today. Looked Mint from my office
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 6:52pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by piwikiwi piwikiwi wrote:

Awesome fish DT you are back on form. That catch bag is bulging to capacity.

Was due to fluke a decent one, bloody tough carry up the beach today. Conditions were mean all morning and everytime i thought it was going to cut up it would settle back to glass.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:02pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

told you dt would get a decent one today piwiTongue
awesome morning and good to get in amongst a decent workup despite only pulling ky out of it. bound to have been some kings down there surely????
anyone running sounders other than lowrance?  Am over mine so looking to change so any thoughts/ recommendations for FF/Plotter combos?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 7:38pm
fishart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work guys getting me all primed with pictures of bulging catch bags and tales of masses of Kahawai everywhere. Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 8:45pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You guys are killing it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:51pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice catches there. Shot out yesterday arvo for couple hours. Something down this way the water was boiling with kahawai pretty hard to get past the bloody things. Managed 5 snaps ranging 35-40. I'm using a hummingbird helix5 very happy with it. I think rob fort has some pretty good deals on the helix range at the moment he also threw in s free cover which I find bloody awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 10:53pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome fish there DT and bag full ! - you don't need to go out very far down there aye  

Garmin Echomap 55dv seems to work well and its quick release so you can have it stowed for the surf .. when you get out the back clip it into the cradle and push the button and it goes .. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 12:02pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

X2 for the Garmin. Reliable and easy use. Quick release a bonus for tricky re-entry. Who's up for Saturday??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by G Dog G Dog wrote:

X2 for the Garmin. Reliable and easy use. Quick release a bonus for tricky re-entry. Who's up for Saturday??

My Garmin also has a MARK button for marking your spot quickly with the push of one button
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yup I'm in for saturday. Paps somewhere.

For those with vhf... is there a channel we could/should communicate on? Coastguard ch1, emergency ch16 and those with tri-watch capability could watch one more channel. I normally use 6 or 8 for boat-to-boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:08pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

We used 69 yesterday Ray
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordan_jh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 3:26pm
Jordan_jh View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

When fishing with the guys from ebop we generally use channel 6 be handy to know how you guys at Rodgers are getting on when we at pikowai not sure if the coverage be any good though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 4:31pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

had a look at the garmin range today and looked pretty good. burnsco had the 45 dv for 499
Does it come with mounting bracket for the tranny in the slot of a 400 ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 5:21pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice feed Jordan yeah we should pick a channel Im new to this so open to suggestions.

just been for a swim its immaculate down there I hope someone is out fishing !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:44pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Check Viking website Scotty. I don't think any sounder comes with a tranny set up stock. Bay marine electronics are top blokes and they know all about the Garmin stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 6:51pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I will get down and have a chat with them but i may be able to use my existing 400 bracket as think they fit most brands of trannys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:30pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Speaking of VHF, have you guys all got call signs? Had one for my boat, not got one yet for my yak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:41pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm open to a different channel, we've always just used 69 because toaseal is a man child. Others i've fished with have used ch8 in the past. Can't help to much with ffs scotty i've always had a good run from my lowrances but did have a garmin on my old 440 which i'm sure biej is still using a couple of years on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 7:44pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I've never bothered with a call sign or doing a trip report, only have it if **** goes south or to chat with others.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:32pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bay marine any day , for electriionics and support, , if you just wound marks and tracks , not maps have. At the striker units , cheap, just have to look after the plugs at the end of the day with a bit of inox etc
Page  <1 644645646647648 1025>