BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 588589590591592 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 4:52pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great work Daz and Allpom. Mean mish to take that surf on!Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 10:15pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got four kahawai in the harbour today- managed to drop two of them though slippery buggers  - fished the channel out from the strand in Tauranga. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 8:53pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Always wondered about that spot, but have never given it a go. Great work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wayne.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:14pm
Wayne.L View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Had a paddle off Papamoa yesterday afternoon.  Classy calm conditions which were a bit hard to pass up!
Fished 18-22m for a couple of hours with no result apart from two very tentative takes that I missed.
Can't be too far away until we see some more snapper on the sand Smile.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:47pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Crikey!
The trawlers must'v been in & taken the lot, lol.

Was pretty tough this time last year too Wayne but usually managed to get a feed.

Maybe next week...Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 9:06am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Muse good work for a winter harbour mission.

Wayne do you have any foul areas marked out there or were you random drifting ?

Smallboat next trip east we do you can go off the Strand insteadWink
Launch with DT at the Marina and paddle down.

Couple of good fishing shows on Choice TV the other night with the Kiwi guy Clarke Gayford and the other dude in Africa although last week he was acting like a spoilt kid screaming at his crew after hooking a monster Tiger fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:12am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sunday morning looking pretty good hoping to get out  - hmm where to go ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:31am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Easier to launch at memorial on the out going then come back on the incoming Piwi. 40% of gulps again at the WH works out a 7.80 a pack pickings are getting slim but I sniffed out a few good packets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wayne.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 11:16am
Wayne.L View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

No I don't Piwi as my kayak is very basic with no sounder or gps! I kinda know the depths though from  sounding with the boat and just use landmarks. I'm sure though if I got onto some of the foul, would be where some fish are at this time of the year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:07pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I launched from the marina and paddled under the bridge fished quite close to the bridge in 4m of water - quite a current through there - pulled my ledger up with a couple of crab nippers on it - then pulled it up and one of three hooks had come undone - cheap crappy sea harvester pre tied rigs have lost me two fish in two trips now - sticking to black magic from now on. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plane to sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 2:05pm
Plane to sea View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I had the same problem with those rigs as well and only buy Black Magic now as well. They are a couple of dollars more but they do what they are supposed to.
I can't get out this weekend however it's forecast pretty sweet all next week so I'm gonna look at getting out Monday and Thursday hopefully if anyone else is keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:46pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Talk about it piwi, he screamed at at those poor frightened guides, they had no idea what to do. Kind of like Watson bossing around anyone who's not him reeling in a fish lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:43am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yeah looked pretty douche Smallboat.

If this wind drops anybody want to launch with me at Rogeys sunday just after 6am ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:58am
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah Piwi,I was looking at a Rogers mission for tomorrow,so im in.Burnsco are running a softbaiting seminar in a week or so at their MT store,I've regestiered for it,any one else going?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:15am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Could be interested in the softbait seminar, all depends on what night it is though. Haven't seen the African dude but yeah know what you mean about Watson SBBO.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:46am
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wednesday the 7th 6.30pm,Mark Kitteridge is running it,you can registar on the burnsco facebook page.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:16am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I cant learn anymore about softbaiting Im 100% competent LOL

Cobra sounds good see you down there. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:20pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm up for piwi's soft bait seminar at Rogers road. There's a practical side to piwi's one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:22pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Take a 4 inch grub and dangle it over ( no rude comments ) and take a nap till a fish bites.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 2:55pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm still trying to figure out what you had typed in before it got auto corrected to competent
Page  <1 588589590591592 1025>