BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 569570571572573 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:12am
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

As long as you can out paddle the other two you will be okay if the bitey shows up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:11pm
fishart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any Luck Downtown and crew?

I am planning to head out from Harrisons with two others tomorr around 6 if any one else is keen to make it a flotilla!!

Pod of Orca in harbour today really nice sight 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:51pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup all got a good feed today nice mixture of snaps trevs ky and I even snaked a good jd. Biggest snap went 57.5 with the average size being pretty good. Will join the harrisons crew tomorrow around 6.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaygee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:28pm
jaygee View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out to Rabbit this am, mint conditions with little surf, flat sea and high cloud.

got my limit in 3 hours straylining close to rocks, all 34-48cms. lots of kahawai around, also jack macks n piper in the burley trail.

Back on beach spoke to guy who'd been rockfishing off end of Leisure, and he'd got 7 as well- so lots of snaps about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 4:00pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

After a slow start at Harrisons and watching downtown catch fish after fish, i came in with my limit , ky, trev and a gurnard. Happy days
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:33pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've got to get out this weekend after hearing all this action! How deep were you guys off harrison's? any bait soft baits doing the damage? Got to be great fishing when even the rock fishermen are bagging their limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 8:49pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah mean day out with allpom and dazlec. Caught plenty today, snaps were down on size but kept 6, a carrot and a trev released countless ky. SBBO 16m was the best depth I found both early and then later on, softy colour didn't seem to matter I was sticking with more natural colours though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 6:49am
fishart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mean day yesterday paddled out started fishing and the action never stopped could have filled the boat. Got a heap of mac's including a blue one on the jig. My mates both filled up. Caught most of the snapper on flasher rigs but like downtown said you could have hung an old sock over and caught a fish yesterday was really great day. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:01am
Silver
Silver

Thanks DT, looks like I'll get out one day this weekend. Even wind guru seems to be getting it wrong of late, right now it's 3knots on harbour conditions but wind guru says 12 knots.

Ha-ha sounds true fishart. Maybe I wouldn't use my socks though, I could come back empty handed ha-ha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:01am
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by SmallBoatBigOcean SmallBoatBigOcean wrote:

. Even wind guru seems to be getting it wrong of late, right now it's 3knots on harbour conditions but wind guru says 12 knots.

I've pretty much lost faith in every 'forecasts' wind strength, they've all been so wrong of late it's past a joke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 10:13am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Predict wind has it at 4 kts SW at 10am..They not always correct but that one is close Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:18am
Silver
Silver

Yeah, the 20knots just hit now. Bloody annoying they can't get it right, oh well I'll just see what's happening tomorrow morning and take it from there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote beernayarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 9:56pm
beernayarn View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Heading out off Ohope tomorrow morning with my young fulla on his maiden kayak vouage. (12th b'day got a yak! ) Hopefully he can land something decent even tho it may be a latish morning start. Fingers crossed. Had a good couple of days lately with DT, Toa, Ruff and Rossco. Landed PB King off Maketu last Sat followed by another (not as big but legal)off Pukehina. Snapper not exactly hot but reasonable in size and condition. Mint spell to have off! Back to work next week
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:36am
Silver
Silver

Hope you do OK beernayarn she's blowing a gale back here, almost went out too before deciding better and heading back to bed. Can't wait for the day I can take the little man out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GurnardSnatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 8:09am
GurnardSnatcher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heading down to pukehina at lunch for a fish if anyone is keen ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
Moken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am keen to give Harrison’s a fish Sunday morning; launch 6:15am if anybody is around.?   - Get back into softbaiting.

I’ve had a couple of very successful twilight missions recently on the western side of Motuhoa Island, Tauranga Harbour. Straying lining in 2 – 4 meters of water! Trick is anchor off, heaps of berley & turn your fishfinder/course plotter off once you’re in position.  Big hits, nice snappa  450 – 500. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 6:58pm
fishart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Moken I am pretty keen for tomorro see ya there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:03pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Myself and small boat going from Harrison's s tomorrow as well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2016 at 7:11pm
Silver
Silver

Sweet, I'll see everyone there. Shaping up to be a good morning. Time for my pipe, paper and country calendar ha-ha.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 9:15am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I have been in Auckland for a couple of days and got home late last night but saw the boys plans so when i woke at 5.45am I quickly downed a coffee and 2 bits of toast and loaded my van and somehow i was launching with the boys at 6.15am at Harrisons.
There was a 1 metre wave breaking hard on the beach and it came out of nowhere as the sky and ocean were both dark grey and merged into one. I got smashed a few times and finally got out but my kayak felt real unstable and in my haste I hadnt secured the small hatch and had taken on loads of water. Anyway I went up front to the big  hatch and used my water bottle to empty about 30x 800mls Big smile and then I was good to go.
No electronics today but Scotty and Smallboat said we were in 10m and we got hits but nothing hooking up. Out to 16m and a better bite. I got 4 snaps 35-50cm and let go about 4 under 30cm and came in early at 8am.
Gonna make Al Browns snapper sliders today as we had them in Auckland for $17 for 3LOL tiny bits but they were yum as.
Page  <1 569570571572573 1025>