BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 514515516517518 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:36pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot everyone some mint catches coming in. Good call on the weekend I cant see it being fishable really if the forecasts are right. Had intentions of going out late morning after grabbing a few hours sleep but didnt bother when I checked and saw the onshore was suppose to kick up. SS there are certain times of the year when trevs are pretty thick off harrisons just around that foul and seem to pick them up on softies pretty consistently, i'll look back and suss out what time of the year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 2:55pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes, they do exist off the Domain. Dazlac, Moken, Allpom and me all went out at 6. I nabbed a nice trev too and another snap - both given away before the photo. Threw a few tiddlers back, but nothing special...good condition fish. 20-24mtr mark. Caught better ones on the drop to sign on sounder and watched them take softie on the screen. water 15 celsius 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 4:07pm
Moken View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Great morning off Papamoa Domain with G Dog, Dazlac & Allpom. Very calm and serene. Ended up scoring 5 fat snappa; the biggest coming in at 480. One Zman, Electric Chicken, paddler tail catching all my fish! Not quite as plentiful as the east side of Rabbit.  Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:20pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone else confused by this bipolar windguru? it says the weather is looking alright for this weekend now haha. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:33pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice to meet you moken. I had a shocker and only caught a ky. after watching gdog pull in 5 I had had enough and went to work. next time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 10:52pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

swellmap saying 10 knt westers for sunday at this stage.
If i get out i may try waihi beach for change
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:16am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Allpom dont sweat it, last time I fished with you, you got 2 x 66cm fish !
It swings in roundabouts sometimes.
Nice going Gdog and Moken.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:48pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work guys, i was about 500m north of you, in my dingy... we got a cuda and a blue cod... and a large mako ( he was about 70 kg biggest ive seen ) came for a visit..

back at the beach a guy on a jet ski was rescueing a torpedo that broke free, i think i i saw the problem hanging under the boat

mint day off papamoa,...shame this fishing sucked for us

Cheers Wefaknis

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:19am
Silver
Silver

Just went down marine parade and not a breath of wind! Supposed to be like this for the rest of the day. Wish the reports got it right sometimes!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 10:29am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hardout checked a bouy just before 3kts, not anywhere near close to what I had seen in the forecasts. Wefaknis if the sharks are showing up its a good sign that everything else is moving in too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 12:06pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I told ya I would jinx it haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 2:55pm
NZ-Kayaker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got taken to school this morning...this was the biggest one I could stop! Details to come. 

Mob: 027 668 9904
Facebook: www.facebook.com/nzkayakfisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 8:09pm
Silver
Silver

Dang! I was kicking myself I didn't get out this weekend. Big call making the trip out this morning, when I got up it was just starting blow harder round 7am.

Has anyone fished ohope that can fill me in where to launch etc? I might have to go down there next weekend.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:22am
Silver
Silver

Hey Team, 

so yesterday I headed up for an exploratory mission to Whiritoa. I knew it would be sheltered from the wind and at only 1hr 20 minutes drive time it was well worth it. My biggest went 5.2kg and there were multiple fish that I couldnt stop. If you'd like the details check out my report...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MichaelK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:09am
MichaelK View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice work that Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:40am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Thanks for the info Tim, looks like a great spot.

Smallboat- check with the ebop guys. The harbour is tough but the oceanside should be similar to Paps, maybe shallower but similar type fishing.
West wind is a bit more cross onshore there so can be more waves.
Whakatane Heads is a great spot and no surf. Some big fish pulled out of there while the charters head to the horizon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf Turtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:18am
Surf Turtle View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Awesome Tim and wish I could have gone 😯
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 10:30am
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Surf Turtle Surf Turtle wrote:

Awesome Tim and wish I could have gone 😯

We are heading up to Waihi Beach for this week's Sunday Session...you are literally only a few km's from this spot so I think the fishing might be similar if you're keen to join.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 2:00pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tim that's a great little report on Whiritoa. Well done on the fish and thanks for your tips.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 2:02pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

SmallBoat I've done okay at Ohope in the past, about 1.6km straight out from the Top10 camping ground.
Page  <1 514515516517518 1025>