BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 291292293294295 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:16pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

You are the ultimate guide Allpom, lead your clients to fish and let them outfish you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:27pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Less Than 2 week till the Tauranga Fishing Net Comp. 

Get Into Top Catch Sulpher Point and get your tickets. 

Information on the comp can be found HERE

If you have any questions do not hesitate to drop me a PM
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:42pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah nice fish alright 1 less ten pounda to be caught for sat im looking at getting out thursday arvo if anyone is interested
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 9:05pm
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice fish, certainly a lot biggert han my harbour effort.  I hope this swell and wind picks up for the comp this weekend, hate to be out on the ocean in all that clean water with fish that like softbaits, have my heart set on smelly bait, sea lettuce and loads of current...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Big O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 10:31pm
The Big O View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi team,

I'm having a clear out and have my handheld waterproof GPS for sale on Trade Me.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =464542329

I have a whole bunch of other stuff for sale too, and will eventually get my yak up for sale too...check my listings.

Cheers,
Ollie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:16pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

just got back from a Motiti mission, went out yesterday afternoon and stayed over night. Went out on the mates boat who caught the 10lb snap the page before. we were hoping for a big snapper. weather wasn't the best but we landed loads of snapper, trev and rat kingis. unfortunatley had to hide behind Motiti for a sleep. This morning i caught my PB along with another load of snapper, trev and rats. 13 1/2lb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwifisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 3:39pm
Kiwifisho View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I got 9 this morning. No one interested in my offerings to the sea people until about 8am then got 9 in an hour. Water was quite cloudy from ~13m to 20m, couldn't even see my line in 30cm of water. All smallish too.  Hope its all on for those in the comp tomorrow guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:31am
fishkiller View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

good luck ever one whos fishing in the comp this saterday. Im worken darn but will head out for a fish on sunday to spot r . Look forward to some great stories for today.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm
NZ-Kayaker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey chaps,
  for anyone keen on trying somewhere new, I thought you might like to try Waihi Beach. I was out there with the lads for the comp today and had an absolute ball. Launching from the northern most end, we all had our limits of snapper within a few hours. There were some good fish amongst them with 2 of mine being over 3kg. We also got thoroughly smashed by some huge kahawai that were in plague proportions out there. We found the fish anywhere between 10-18m and caught them on a mix of baits and softies.
So yeh if you have nothing better to do tomorrow I reckon it's well worth a look. Ohh and you can drive your car right to the waters edge as it is hard sand, which is a real bonus.

Paddle Hard, Tim.

Mob: 027 668 9904
Facebook: www.facebook.com/nzkayakfisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 1:21pm
Silver
Silver

just back in from a fish the skippers are in and there nice and big pics to come latter .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ycato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm
Ycato View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys im looking at going up the Thames coast next week,any ideas where to  launch from, never fished from a yak before . Weather looks good so thought id head up there.
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:17pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Papa aroha about 1hr past thames real yak friendly.

Loads of nice islands within paddling reach.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHERMAN J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:33pm
FISHERMAN J View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Ycato, i fished along the coast just before fantail bay in the softbait masters comp and caught some very solid fish. definately worth a look
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 7:37pm
Silver
Silver

willsons bay is a good place for a fish too.A couple of skippes cought on soft bait today .they were smashen about ont the serface at about the 20 meter mark way better fighters than albies . there were alote deeper to but nothing i used would get them up on the bite.when u see skippes on the serface throw a 3 inc soft bait at them and wind as fast as u can 50% of the time u will hook up and hold on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ycato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 11:36am
Ycato View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Guys ,fantail bay is abit to far up might stick around the tapu to wilsons bay area,Will let you know how i get on. I was in at viking (Matamata) This morning Drooling over the set ups they have there,Add one of there rigs to my christmas list for sure lol
Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Master_Soft_Baiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:32pm
Master_Soft_Baiter View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, sorry couldn't be bothered starting a new topic for this, just thought I'd see what you guys are using for anchors?
I want to try bait fishing in the harbor and out off papamoa from time to time. Up to now I'm strictly drifting and softbaiting - and its always effective and productive, and my drogue is great... but I want to try and mix it up a bit.

I'm looking at those grapnel jobbies but all the kits you buy have only 700g anchors and a bit of chain. They dont look like enough keep you stationary while subject to the current of the tauranga harbour and I'm not sure how effective they would be in the ocean neither.

That said I know I dont want to be dragging a danforth around with me.

What, if anything, do you guys use?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Limitless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:10pm
Limitless View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

MSB, 

I've always found the 0.7kg folding grapnels more than adequate (sometimes too good!) provided suitable chain is used. The chain is the secret to keeping the flukes engaged in the sand. For the Whangarei harbour I used 6m of 5mm galv chain and had no problems with my Swing or Scupper Dive dragging (it's been a while since I anchored in a harbour hence the older model kayaks).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 5:12pm
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Eeeek! harbour fishing, softbaiting and drifting is my preferable way to fish.  You will need a decent anchor and chain.  I picked up a good sized one and chain from Canoe and Kayak, better than the ready made ones for kayaks.  

Comp was awesome, the lads I went out with all caught 2-3 times our limit off Papamoa, nothing to big though my biggest was just under 3 kilos, however felt bad through back pannies that were 40-45 cm.  Awesome day out there, sea was glassy with a small rolling swell and drift.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:01pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah comp was great, perfect weather and the fishing was as hot as it gets couldve been back with my limit by 7am. im taking a mate out about midday from harrisons to hit them again if anyone wants to join us
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:47pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Remember guys, the fishing.net competition is this weekend. Hate to spam your thread but its only a few days away. The comp has been formatted to make fishing even between Kayakers and Boaties. Check out our thread in the Briney Bar. 

PM me if you have any questions, It would great to see a good number of Kayakers out there. Even better if you can get one over the boaties!!! 
TAS - Its a real disease
Page  <1 291292293294295 1025>