BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 797798799800801 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 9:53pm
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys, loong time between posts from me but still been keeping an eye in and getting out for a fish.
Shot out from Spot K the last 2 mornings with nephew whos just bought his 1st yak and starting out softbaiting.
Got 8 between us yesterday and then this morning he lands a 70cm snap! Tried our best to release it but kept floating up and wouldnt swim away. Ended up taking it and weighed 14lb.
Filled bin with 7 more snaps a jd and a trev and a couple of ky for the smoker. KY for miles!
Great start for the young fella, hes hooked!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:00am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ok so avoid Spot R and go to Spot K Smile bloody good result Skonski ! Dont you love Newbies luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:28am
Skonski View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yea typical aye Piwi. 😢
I went to Spot R week or so ago expecting great things too and came home empty. Must've been me though coz Downtown's dad was nearby and he had a feed 😭
Only reason we went to K was he doesnt
have a trolley yet and its an easy carry from carpark.
If anyone on here has a spare Ctug they're looking to sell, let me know 😉
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Me and Bakedfish keen to hit Taylors in the AM if east wind is ok.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:41pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am thinking Sunday, Fingers crossed the weather and fish are thinking the same
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Im loaded and dont mean the beers........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:53am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Mission aborted only 10 knots but straight onshore so bumpy. Will leave gear loaded incase sunday is better.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beepeekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 10:45am
Beepeekiwi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi All, new to this group, just moved back to NZ and now located in Mount / Papamoa area. Looking forward to meeting some of you over the next few months as I get out on the water again after a few years break. Think I have worked out where spots K and R are and can’t wait to give them a go. In the meantime I need a bit of advice. I am down in Ohope for next week or so. Couple of days ago I went out from Whakatane and around Kohi point but couldn’t even raise a nibble (other than 1 kawhai). I was in pretty close to land and ride was low. Any advice on Kohi point fishing.

Also, following week headed to Anaura Bay camping. Anyone know anything about fishing this area?

Thanks heaps for any thoughts in advance and see you out there (I’m in a red/yellow reload).

Cheers
Ben
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:21pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Ben are you softbaiting or bait fishing. Its a bit of a hit and miss time right now but i think they do ok off Ohope beach 1-2 kms out. Not sure about Kohi point. There was a guy on here a few years ago who pulled a 25lb snapper out of there. I would probably head deeper out onto the sand if fishing off there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beepeekiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:21pm
Beepeekiwi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Always soft baiting for me, find bait too difficult and messy to manage on the yak. Thanks for the advice, hoping the weather plays ball then I can give it a go a bit further out. Fishing over the sand sounds good to me, lost a bit of gear in the weed in close and shallow around Whangamata over New Years, albeit with pretty good results in the take home department.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:43pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

800 pages looms... may be time to pull out the unwanted Christmas gifts into a pile, ready for use in our comp? I have a few lures, a chilly bag and some corporate branded things...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:11pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

800 Comp

I've volunteered to take on the 800 comp organising Smile

When do you want to to run?

I'm pretty damn busy over next few weeks with kitchen reno and am a bit stuffed with only the one car now. EBOP comp is coming up soon as well and I don't want to clash with that.

So, I'm thinking end of Feb or early March for the comp, it would be more a '800ish' comp. 

Thoughts?

I'm keen to use the same format as Marks (Raymond's) from last comp. Entry fees for top snap + trophy, donated prizes for other categories etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Sounds good to me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:14pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Early March...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote adammac-hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 9:33pm
adammac-hill View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Shot out this evening just down from the domain. Hooked a few small kahawai, a rat kingy and a few snap.

Unfortunately none made it into the yak and the one snapper that I did land, flapped as it was going into the pod and ended up back in the water :-(

Gutted as but nice to be out there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:04am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bummer Admac LOL weve probably all done that - i put my thumb through its gills now to prevent that .

Early March sounds good Dale
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

800 Comp

Set to run early March.

I'll draft up all the details ASAP.

Likewise Shane, finger through the gills and an iki beforehand. I've had them flap out of the net to safety. Iki them with the hook still in now if I'm keeping them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:16pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I am happy for end of feb/early March. If I have a clash again I will be happy just to donate prizes.
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 1:55pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice skonski. I must try out front of home. looking forward to page 800 comp. thanks again no ponies for organising.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:38pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I will put in 5 new 12v 7ah batteries.
Page  <1 797798799800801 1025>