BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 714715716717718 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:09am
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeah Piwi meant my daughter LOL got way too many rods and reels already.

Tomorrow looks mint as im in Auckland stink Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 10:49am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Scales oh yeah sorry for telling you how to suck eggs Smile. I always cheap out on drogues. Next time I think i will get a good quality one.

Swell still holding at 1.4m. My youngest is home sick with the bug and not likely to go to school friday and my wife has a meeting at the college at 11am friday so thats buggered me slightly !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 11:06am
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is a bugger Piwi. 

Swell don't look too bad. Getting out will be easy enough, coming in...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Got up far north about midnight. Had a sleep in . Went out at about 10. Caght these two in an hour around lunch. Great start to a couple days fishing up north. One hand on the biggest snapper pot hey daz and Scottyboy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 4:57pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Both 5.8kg. King on nuke chook and the other on a an electric chicken zman. Caught plenty of smaller ones on the jig and softies throughout the day
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:21pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice Allpom the good form continues!

Noponies i went for a surf down Hart St about 1pm was good fun. Should be smaller up Papamoa end.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 5:24pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good fish allpom but there is still two days if weather plays the game- still a good one out there for me as dropped three real goodies today
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:28pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

noponies - you still going out?  I was on the beach at 4pm today and not convinced. If you go, let me know your launch site so if I get motivated I'll head there around 10. If not I'll dust of the motorbike and head for the hills.

Allpom - mean snap. keep up the good work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 6:43pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Allpom fish courtesy of excellent camera work - piwi take note of how it is done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 7:26pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not jealous at all, Northland is dumb. Shot mark good start to the trip
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 7:32pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep, I'm still going out. Will be lazy and just go off the Domain. Will be there between 10 and 10.30. I'll be on channel 69 if you miss me. Doubt there will be anyone else out though.

The peak size of the sets seems to be dropping, down to 1.1m now at A buoy. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:13pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Northland is dumb - gold dt - my biggest 54 cm today - fat as but not good enough - mean day fishing the wash - back to matai as morning forecast is ok at present
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 7:23am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hello from Auckland - I am coming down to Papamoa for a long weekend mid July, would really like to get into some Tarakihi off the kayak, do any of you guys target them?

Cheers
Patrick
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:30am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hey Telecaster. We dont catch alot of Terakihi off the yaks although if you specifically target them you can get them. There are small low lying patches of foul around 2kms off Papamoa that hold them in winter. Ive caught them between july and december looking back in my fishing diary. You will need to anchor and use small flasher rigs or baited hooks with Tuatua etc. i would also have some snapper rigs ready as a backup just incase you cant get onto them. I dont mind taking you out to the foul or giving you a mark.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:36am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sounds great, I'll keep an eye on the weather and touch base closer to the time. If the weather is gonna be crap I won't bring the kayak down.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 9:56am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

No worries Telecaster.

Noponies/bakedfish I just had a look at Domain looks mint im gonna go when wife gets back 11.30am to 12ish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 3:17pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Another solid day which started with a 40+ on my second cast and a 10/11 lber which got released on my 7th or so cast. Caught lots of good fish and released them all. Varied in size from 35 to 65. Lost a couple of beauties. Hope weather holds enough to be able to get out tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:15pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Originally posted by Allpom Allpom wrote:

Another solid day which started with a 40+ on my second cast and a 10/11 lber which got released on my 7th or so cast. Caught lots of good fish and released them all. Varied in size from 35 to 65. Lost a couple of beauties. Hope weather holds enough to be able to get out tomorrow.

Nice fish MarkClap great time of year for in close fishing
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 4:21pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I snuck out for a couple of hours at 11.30am off the Domain beaut conditions but a bit of surf. Noponies was already out with 3 in the bin. He was down by Harrisons so i headed straight out to 20m. Drift was pretty bad 1.5km/hr towards the mount and 1/2 oz softies wasnt getting down. I fished 2 micros instead but they were also dragging out the back badly. Ended up with only one snapper and a ky and a big english mackeral which is a type of tuna so im claiming it

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paddiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 5:02pm
Paddiyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well done Piwi/No Ponies a Catch is a catch and beats a skunking any dayWink
Page  <1 714715716717718 1025>