BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 693694695696697 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 2:50pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good looking bag dt .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:13pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fine haul indeed there DT. Looks like pilot bay is still firing...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:53pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice DT and Dad.

Jono get down to Pilot Bay pronto LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 5:35pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sorry but I'm sorta glad the comps postponed again. I'm working all weekend.

Bloody nice catch there DT.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 5:55pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah im out for this weekend too pretty much out for the next few sundays but if it falls on a saturday should make it. Just had a catch up and some mean bags coming in, paps seems to be fishing really well, shot to jono and cam man on the warm up comp win. I like my lowrances have lasted me pretty well i've never gone high end with charts or anything always had a 4x of some model.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:33pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ruff we are glad too cos you were bringing the beer Wink

My nephew was only using 1/4 oz the other day which might have been a bit light at 23m when the drift was over 1km/hr. Also didnt have insurance of 2nd rod in rodholder.

Queens birthday weekend coming up hopefully thats a cracker.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paddiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:37pm
Paddiyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thinking about this ff lads.Just wanting to know your thoughts on the fitting side of things.I bought a pf 400.I see it has a recess on the hull.Have you had your ff fitted by a third party or done it yourself?.I presume the best location on the yak would be to have it located on centre of baitboard.Ive went for the Garmin 45dv.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:57pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I did mine myself, most do themselves. FF head unit at front end of plywood baitboard.
You can get a mount kit for transducer which holds it in scupper cutout or you can be rough like me and stick it on there with a dollop of allclear and wait 5 days to set. A couple of cable glands from an electrical wholesaler to cover and seal cable when you run it through into front section of hull to battery and another where the plug end comes through to head unit.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paddiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:19pm
Paddiyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers piwi.Looking at it I'm thinking use the scupper hole in the storage compartment to bring cable from transducer through and to store battery in compartment also.FF head to front of baitboard like you suggest.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:23pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Paddiyak, I just copied this. But instead of buying a kit from viking I just made all the bits myself or purchased from Burnsco.

http://www.vikingkayaks.co.nz/kayaking+info/how+to/fish+finder+-+profish+400
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cam man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:25pm
Cam man View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Paddiyak goto
Vikingkayaks.co.nz
Kayaking info
Fish finder profish 400
Shows you what to do and part needed to do the job
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:28pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

viking sell a kit for the 400 for $90
Comes with all that u need including the long threaded bracket that attaches trannie into the storage area. u can rough it as piwi says but i found it easier to just get the kit- add some selleys all clear and u good to go.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:31pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Unless you have a putty old cobra which you can access the whole inside. Then just cake ok the silicone and blob it on the inside.....rangi as but does the trick for my garmin
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:42pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Did you get charts with your Garmin Paddiyak? 

I kept my original Bluechart SD card, which I backed up onto another card for use in the finder when I had a 720s. Didn't want to lose the card somehow. Its kinda still useful as I can load it up in Homeport and figure out spots etc. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:48pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

craig did tell me u were rough jono LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:50pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

and what language u talking there noponies ConfusedSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paddiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 7:53pm
Paddiyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers for all the info lads,BLOODY AWESOME.Looks like a little job for the weekend.No charts noponies,...just a little cheap unit to start me off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:01pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

45dv right? Thats a nice unit. It supports charts though right?

Haha, Scotty. I do a fair bit of web coding..got carried away..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Paddiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:29pm
Paddiyak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sorry noponies my bad.Its a Garmin striker 4.$229 Bay Electronic.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote noponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:37pm
noponies View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ahh sweet, still a good unit! You won't be disappointed. The sonar is way better on the strikers compared to my old unit.
Page  <1 693694695696697 1025>