BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 643644645646647 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:52pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

U just going local DT ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:55pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I havent taken my kayak out from whanga yet, but have done a lot of fishing from out there in the boat, don't usually do well round the islands but have a few spots off the north which isn't too far if you launch by the wharf or off the south end which isn't to bad of a paddle if you launch from Island View Road. I'll keep an eye on the weather and make a call later in the week if i bother cramming it in the campground with all the other campers.
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:57pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Depends on conditons hoping to head down the coast but not fussed to just hit pap one of the days. They must be the darter ones noponies not the old ones in the blue/grey packaging.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:34pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sweet - will keep an eye on conds - don't start work till 12 this week so will have to stick local.
Will go further next week on a day off
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:23pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers Cliff .. hmm where to go.

South end of Whanga looks good launch from Island view road

Saturday looking better at this stage. Sunday got wind and surf coming up ..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 11:21am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

DT, Scotty let me know where you are heading and i will try and get there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will be down the coast piwi only .5m maxwave right now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scottyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 3:37pm
scottyboy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i will prob have to stay local piwi as am working at 12( ish) Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:05pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good to meet you on Sat piwi.
I'm going to launch at the Domain tomorrow around 8am. Got to wait till the kids head off to school.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:15pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ready to roll will be down the coast around 630 in the morning. Have all bases covered hoping for a good one see you down there piwi and scotty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Was a primo morning down the coast. arrived at 6.45am as Downtown was launching and Scotty rigging up. Was a little bigger than the .3-.5m on Harbour conditions but not bad.
1st hour was slowish with lots of throwbacks and a couple of small keepers. Then we drifted out into an area with kahawai everwhere so we were kept busy from then on. Inbetween the Kahawai and a Ratkingi I managed 4 more keeper snapper with the biggest at 53cm.
Got wrapped around the reef after a big run by one fish on my microjig and couldnt free it.

Used my VHF radio for the 1st time today and it was great been in contact with the other guys.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:11pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good catch Piwi Clap 53cm is a good size - always worth going down there i reckon even if the waves slam onto the beach haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:23pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Just got word Downtown cleaned up Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 2:00pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Plague proprotions of kahawai out from the Domain. Nil on the snapper front and kept one KY just to officially say the new yak has been blooded. Waves also bigger than expected as I got soaked heading out by a couple off that outer bar.
Overall, pretty happy with the new tug.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 3:10pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice one Baked Fish nothing like breaking in the new yak.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:33pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice dt and Piwi. Looking to head east on friday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:46pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Baked fish good work on blooding the new boat. Managed to get splashed on the way aswell. Caught a snap first cast in 6m ended up being 54cm i called it late 40s when i caught it. Then pretty quiet for a while before the ky woke up then it was hard work not to catch the buggers. I had a really good run for about an hour kept 7snaps 2trevs and 3ky. Biggest went 14lb 5oz at 69cm.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:54pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will probably go again tomorrow but will have a sleep in and go mid morning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote G Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 5:20pm
G Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well done DT. Nice to get a fat one now and again!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 5:27pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Awesome fish DT you are back on form. That catch bag is bulging to capacity.
Page  <1 643644645646647 1025>