BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 591592593594595 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper_Stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 10:38am
Snapper_Stalker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Winter fishing looks to have been pretty good to you recently Plane to Sea, nice work!

I haven’t been out since very early in June, but looking out the window today and reading about some decent catches lately, I’m getting very itchy.

Think I’m going to take tomorrow off work and head out. Got to make the most of the light winds and low swell at the moment.

I’m keen to hook up if you’re still heading out Thursday. Let me know?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:34am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

My boss has given me friday off so Im joining the Allpom expedition.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plane to sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:14pm
Plane to sea View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey SS, yep I'm still heading out on Thursday. Looking at launching around 630 at Newdicks beach. Haven't seen you in a while, will be good to have a catch up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper_Stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:25pm
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds good plane to Sea. See you there at 6:30. I've never fished Newdicks so will be good to try and new spot. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 1:38pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will join the Friday crew. Good luck tomorrow fellas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:05pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

DT 6am start friday Tauranga Marina.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 10:39am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'll be there piwi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 11:42am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Allpom says we are putting in $5 each. You guys may as well just chuck it in my van before you launch Big smile
Piwijunior might be coming if I can get his pimply ass out of bed at 5am....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Rogers Road - Sunday morning launching at sunrise - first time going there - any tips for which way to paddle ? or depth to fish in ? will be using a sounder - 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 1:37pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Muse just head straight out foul starts at about 7m or 5mins paddle out. You will see it easily on your sounder. I did well in 20m there the other day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote museyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:14pm
museyak View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks mate - taking the boss with me haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:31pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will let you know how we get on tomorrow. It looks as though there will be a good crew, i'm picking a viking taking it out and a swing being involved in a turtle. In at top catch earlier and they had 10 packs of trigger x softys for 20bux I don't put them up there with gulp or zmans but have caught decent fish on them before and at that price they should pay for themselves pretty quickly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 3:48pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Meet Roger road at 6 am for those who are keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 4:41pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Turtle on a Swing ? Oh yeah Ruff is coming LOL
DT just what you need more softbaits haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:08pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mmm very little self control. Softy only comp up in northland in a few weeks, well that's what i'll go with anyway.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper_Stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:31pm
Bronze
Bronze

Plane to Sea and I had a great morning at Newdicks today. Very eventful. We met there at 6:30 and headed out to around the 18 meter mark. Both of us hooked up and landed fish on our first casts. That’s always a good sign.

The fishing wan’t frenetic, but when there was action is was all on. I took home 4 snaps and John Dory, but released my biggest of the day to fight again. I don’t know how big he was but he was easily a PB. The 4 I kept went from 35cm to 50cm. Plane to Sea also did well with 4  very good sized snapper, his biggest was a horse as well. No doubt he’s put the measuring tape on it at home so I’m keen to know how big it was??

Nothing was straight forward today. I had double hook ups which tangled my lines and another snapper managed to tangle the line around my drogue. When I eventually got him and the whole mess yak side, he dropped the hook and headed straight back down. Unfortunately for him, he swam straight into my open drogue and I managed to use it like a net to scoop him up. Gold!

There was a sold breeze for the first 3 hours or so, at least 8-9 knots, which was not forecast, so we did a lot of paddling and drifting, paddling and drifting, and having not been in the yak for about 3 months my body is feeling it now. The wind completely died around 9:30 and it was perfect conditions.

All in all a very productive morning and the fact it was a mid-weeker makes it all the more special. Thanks to Plane to Sea for being the official photographer for the day!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Plane to sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:20pm
Plane to sea View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

As SS said another great day on the water. My biggest was 62cm. All the fish were in absolute prime condition.
I can't believe the luck I've had lately 😃
Looking forward to seeing who takes the money tomorrow, I reckon it'll be a pig of fish with all you big hitters out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:50pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work guys. I hope for some action like that tomorrow. I like the new net ss.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 6foot_yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:51pm
6foot_yaka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some good fishing there ss and pts.love the photo of the bent rods.good luck for tomorrow fellas seems to be the only way I can go fishing is buy living through your guys reports atm dam you work!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper_Stalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 7:09pm
Bronze
Bronze

I hope you boys have as much fun tomorrow as we did today. There's certainly some good fish around. Best of luck!
Page  <1 591592593594595 1025>