BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 515516517518519 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cow cocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:38pm
cow cocky View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers for the report Tim, I should've gone that way, Ive moved back to Piako area so went up the Firth to Tapu and battled all morning for a limit of low 30s, with a 55 that saved the day, was a long time between fish. Will be keen for Waihi hopefully weather improves by then.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:45pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Things seem to be heating up. I'm eyeing up Wednesday at this stage, the maori warrior is calling.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 8:01pm
SmallBoatBigOcean View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for that Raymond! We may be headed down to see some mates that live on Pohutakawa Avenue, I don't think that's too far from there. As per usual we'll see what this weather is doing closer to the end of the week. Right now it's not looking the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ-Kayaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:39am
NZ-Kayaker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey team, 

if anyone is looking for an excuse to go fishing this weekend I'm heading to Waihi Beach with my Sunday Sessions. These are a free fishing trip that I run, sort of like an informal club, so if you're keen please feel free to tag along. 

Paddle hard, 

Tim.
Mob: 027 668 9904
Facebook: www.facebook.com/nzkayakfisher
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 1:08pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone keen for after work today? I'm heading from Domain before 5:45pm...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:59pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looking like a Friday mission for me. anyone else keen?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:13pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Another good day out today kept 5snaps a jd and a 79cm king after the bigger version took me to the cleaners earlier on. Plenty of mid to low 30 snaps and cod as always. Biggest snap went just under 17lb at 75cm after he came up pretty sick but did manage to release his little bro est 16lb and early 70cms. Will chuck some piccys up later.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 4:37pm
Silver
Silver

Boom! Nice work, I can prob take a guess at where you headed ;) now you just got to fillet the suckers - great problem to have ha-ha.

I wish Raymond! Good luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:22pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nice work DT.

Howz it looking for the weekend ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:46pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Clap downtown. Kingi as well Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:15pm
fishart View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thats awesome downtown bloody good day alright
Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:41pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

tonight's forecast for the weekend looks real good and surf Is flat as.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:24pm
Silver
Silver

Which site do you use piwi? Windguru says its going to be rubbish.

Does the weather in ohope mirror Tauranga?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:36pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I just saw TVNZ news and weather and looks like a nice high coming in with lessening wind. I suppose less wind at this time of year might still mean windy !
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:43pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Small boat, windguru and swellmap are owned by the same guys now. I find windguru to err towards the higher end of the scale ie Sat .5mtr with 15knott gust. and swellmap has it at .3 and 13knotts more a medium range. If you have a look at Tga harbour conditions windguru is closest to the real conditions as of now!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:48pm
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well done DT. Looked mint conditions when you launched. Dam work getting in the way I would of joined you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:51pm
Silver
Silver

Wicked DT! Will need to hear about the one that got away over a beer!Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SmallBoatBigOcean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:52pm
Silver
Silver

Hi ruff, yeah I use guru for forecast and check harbour conditions before I head out. I'm in ohope this weekend so hoping I can get out, its been two weeks since I last got out and I think I'm having withdrawals! Gutted I can't make the comp this weekend, seems my wife's birthday is more important :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 8:56pm
Silver
Silver

Its been so long since I've been out that I feel like a fraud posting on the site!!Cry 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TripleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 9:00pm
TripleT View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Wow, great stuff again Downtown.  Were you targetting the kings?
Page  <1 515516517518519 1025>