BOP Yakmen

Page  <1 478479480481482 1025>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 2:28pm
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm looking at heading out over the next two days- chores depending. Be a lazy gentlemen's start though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 3:42pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I will be launching at 7am at Domain boatramp friday if the weather holds and you guys are keen.
I can meet you out there if you want to go later. Im in the blue Swing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:50pm
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just popped out after work this evening.There was a huge work up straight out from Grants only about 200m off shore,dragged a lure through but no luck,so.threw out a big stray line bait to try and pick up anything,nek minute a dirty great fin wellover a meter in height came up and it was a bloody big orca.A pup and adult were rounding up the kahawai and feeding on them,it was pretty awesome to see but freaking out bringing my line in quick as so not to entice anything a little bigger than a kingi which i was hopeing for.Another 2 juvenile orca joined them and continued down the coast towards karewa,needless to say nothing was caught tonight,espeically with those things hanging round,looking mint for the rest of the week.am definitely gonna make the most of it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:52pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Ha nice encounter Cobra. I saw them off Tay St at 3pm heading down that way. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Allpom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:54pm
Allpom View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

went out with Downtown  from rogers at 6. was a slow start and also forgot my fish finder. Back on the beach by 2.30. both caught lots. had a crazy 10 minutes where over 100 small rats were hitting off of the bottom of the kayaks. I managed my big one on a jig just off the bottom.
DT catch
my catch (DT just over 10lb, mine just under 10lb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 6:59pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Horrible day today, bloody snapper after snapper denting up my jigheads and I even went through a couple of zmans. Will be keen for Friday but might go abit further away then the domain.
This fulla was my best at 10lb 9oz.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:16pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not the easiest to see but that splash in the top was allpoms live ky getting sharked
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:21pm
whippersnapper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Is there any one spot that could be described as "best" to launch from off Papamoa?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:26pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not really they're all quite similar in my eyes I personally like harrisons as it seem to have more consistant patches of the papa rock and a flat walk to the water but everyone will have there favourites for whatever reason
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 7:37pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Where you heading friday Downtown ?

Very nice catch there guys and good pics.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 8:14pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great catch guys, and what a awesome experience seeing those orca Cobra. Im working on Taylors rd right next to the boat ramp for the next few days, give me a wave ill be the one with his nose pushed up against the window droolingCry 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C0BRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 6:38am
C0BRA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice work guys,I am lucky enough to have friday off as well,so am keen for a mish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:14am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Anyone keen for spot R tomorrow ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:17am
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was thinking maketu
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:38am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yep Im keen. Meet you at the surf club at 6.30am or on the water ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raymond Luxury Yacht Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:04pm
Raymond Luxury Yacht View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I am going off the Domain tomorrow morning - to my favourite spot a bit east of the reef. I don't know spot R at all - is it worth the drive? I might not make it by 7am - it was only about 5 degrees that time this morning! Would be good to meet anyone planning something similar. I'm in a red/yellow/orange Marauder, and will probably be launching between 7:30 at 8.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 12:38pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm looking to get there at 6 to be on the water soon after to fish the point at first light then move out as it gets brighter
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 1:01pm
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

OK DT I will meet you out there prob about 7am.

Raymond sorry on change of plans. I havent fished out of Papamoa for about 3 years and need to catch something bigger than 40cm snapper LOL.
If you are keen to try something a bit more adventurous come down to the surf club at Maketu.
It is definitely fishier down that way especially for bigger fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ToaSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 3:42pm
ToaSeal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

**** house off Papz today. A lot of sign but nothing taking the hook. Will give a crack with DT tomorrow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruff as Guts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 5:18pm
Ruff as Guts View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Did you go off Taylor's this morning toaseal? i watched three yaks head off into the sunrise
Page  <1 478479480481482 1025>