Out with the "Twelves"

Page  123 393>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out with the "Twelves"
    Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 4:33pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Size doesn't matter - it is all a matter of technique as the little guys showed out East this morning. As usual Far Quirk (Geoff) went the extra mile by way of his posts and organisation and although the little guys only have 12' or thereabouts, all were adequately satisfied. 

I started the hard way. After downloading Uglia onto the sand (note one pontoon in the air) and waiting another half hour for some more water, I stupidly carved my own channel out from Kohi ramp to then have to clean the water intake. 

Caught up with Far Quirk in the his 355 Dart using SPs in the Motuihe Channel

And Aquacat and his mate, "Cowboy" hooning back to the Northern ferry lane marker

So, there were three fishing.net littlies out there getting a feed, staying quite close together

I personally got an ample feed with 6 between 35 & 47 in my 2 and a bit hours

And as Geoff (Far Quirk) has posted elsewhere he got a feed, but these two did exceptionally well catching heaps more than Geoff and I.

It was great to see the crew on the wee craft wearing lifejackets.

For the record, the Nuke, Saphire, and 2 or three others each caught fish. Strangely, about 8 of my SPs got totally munted this morning without catching fish. I stopped at Browns and used the smelly stuff for a while on the way home and all it produced was undersize. Seemed the boat alongside me was doing likewise on smellies.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 6:02pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cooooool keith!!!...well done
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 6:47pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

The pocket battleships rock & roll.  Well done those blokes.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 7:01pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats a cool report.....way to slay it guys
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 7:09pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work team!

Good to see the little boats out there and doing it.

I saw an old dude last weekend beach launch from papamoa come out to us about 2.5km out then slay the fishes, as we were for 30mins then head home presumably with close to a limit bag.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 7:10pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one Keith
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 7:39pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

go the tinnies!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 7:45pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

well done to the"twelves".
The pic of "Cowboy" hanging on to the bow is a beauty.

"UGLIA" is a special wee boat, Keith has spent many hours fitting all sorts of bit's & peices to make her a mean fishing machine.
How's the VHF aerial Keith?LOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 9:44pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Uncle. The VHF aerial is holding together well with some aluminium tape compliments of a friend who works on aircraft. More importantly, the radio still works fine! I am getting good at creating issues for myself these days. Lost a drogue today as well - fortunately I could watch it sink so it doesn't cause a disaster for someone else!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fred Onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 10:12pm
Fred Onion View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great tread guys may the 12 footer club grow momentum.  Would have enjoyed being on the water with you guys in the minnow.
FORD King of the Mountain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 10:12pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice setup stabi.

Good report, well done on the plastics.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2008 at 10:16pm
The Gremlin View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Go the little boats.LOL
Nothing else to life but fishing and beer!.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 9:35am
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Keith - great report.  We'll keep you on for the next 12' regatta.  The Windguru forecast for next Saturday is for high winds, so I won't be planning to go out unless the forecast changes.

I'll post the plans for the next meeting on this thread, so Fred Onion, Aquacat, Silver1, keep watching this for updates.  I will also send PMs and texts to people who want to join in.  Of course anyone else who wants to plan a meeting, go right ahead and I'll be there if I can.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 10:14am
MJ View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Great fishing Keith.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 1:00pm
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thursday or Friday morning looking for good for a sneaky one!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fauxpas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 2:45pm
fauxpas View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice report. I launch my 12 at waiheke so if you guys come out to the waiheke/seargents channel area i would like to meet up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2008 at 3:05pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Betterthanwork
Yes, Thurs/Fri could be good for a sneaky one.  With light - moderate southerlies both days (Windguru) a Kohi launch would be OK, but would have to stop fishing at 7 am Thurs and 7:45 Fri to avoid being stranded.

fauxpas
I'd be keen to do a Sergeants channel meet sometime soon.  Watch this thread, or send me a PM with your mobile # & I'll keep you posted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 12:13am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'd like to have 12" too but i'm not going to cut it in half for anyone! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 6:12am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some great photo's there Keith. Looks like your floatila had some fun out there. CoolThumbs%20Up
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2008 at 9:00am
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

cool...awesome....gotta love the little boats..
Page  123 393>