Ramp And Water Access Data Base

Page  <1 78910>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishabunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 6:02pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

your welcome Matt.  I have not been to hahei for ages but I sure some locals will see you right.

cheers John
FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote futech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2013 at 11:12pm
futech View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone got any information of Huia ramp?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 4:41pm
Fbass View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

just come across this thread, and its AWESOME!!

Heading up to Whatuwhiwhi in November, venturing into territory we've never been before.  this thread has been a massive help in regards to boat ramps, beach launching etc...

cheers guys, 
Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2013 at 7:57pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Re Tairua....Hiya all, has anyone got pics and/or description of that Tairua launching facility's please? I have seen the Paku Wharf area, but didnt take too much notice in terms of its launching ease of use. Is it concrete with hard sand to the waterline? Maybe Carl or Tony can help me here please? We have a small truck 2 wheel drive (road tyres) launching a 7.3m alloy boat. Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:58am
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone want to share any info about launching at Thornton Beach, Whakatane, Te Kaha, and any other places on eastern bay of plenty?
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jim Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 10:35am
Jim Bob View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I would also like to know about launching at Lake Coleridge. Is there a ramp? If not, do you need a 4WD to launch from the shore?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 8:32pm
Luigi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just wonderin does anyone know if theres a good all tide Boatramp near tirohanga or Opotiki ?? Thanks Cheers.
Fish and enjoy life ! as no one gets out alive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote advtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:51am
advtracing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hope this is the right spot to ask , i used to be a regular at wenderholm ramp and in the day had a gate key to get on and out .

long time forward and i am back and fishing from that access ramp again, i am advised the gates open at 6am and close at 6pm . so two questions 

- when i got up there the other morning early at 5.40am the gate was open ? does this always happen ?

- if you get back later then 6pm and the gate is shut are you stuck for the night ? or is there a inside button to open ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:10pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seeing how the park is Auckland council,proberly pay to give them a ring,according to camp site info gate open 6.00am to 7.00pm,must be a key somewhere for those camping who arrive back from wairewa pools late?

Also why is the ramp at mercer(behind mobil)locked?was going to take friends boat for hoon up the waikato river?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote advtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 3:18pm
Silver
Silver

talked to auckland council but just the standard gate open gate shut times . haven't been able to track the ranger down for a better answer so far 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 4:49pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

carry a set of bolt cutters if stuck,nah seek out ranger next time up there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 6:18am
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by advtracing advtracing wrote:

Hope this is the right spot to ask , i used to be a regular at wenderholm ramp and in the day had a gate key to get on and out .

long time forward and i am back and fishing from that access ramp again, i am advised the gates open at 6am and close at 6pm . so two questions 

- when i got up there the other morning early at 5.40am the gate was open ? does this always happen ?

- if you get back later then 6pm and the gate is shut are you stuck for the night ? or is there a inside button to open ?

I saw this while I was fishing at Wenderholm yesterday arvo, the gates will open automatically when you drive up to them while exiting.

The reason the gates are open early sometimes is because someone has just left or the ranger has opened them

I chatted with the stand in ranger yesterday too. Nice bloke.......... also you ****ers that don't understand the 5 knot rule, that channel is only 60 metres wide, I know this because I can cast right across and hit the log on the far side with a 10 ft rod.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dragwasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 3:42pm
dragwasher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has anybody used the ramp at Wenderholm regional park? Please share some info.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote advtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 5:39pm
Silver
Silver

last time 1 month ago , launching a 17ft barra boat , 2.5 hours either side of the tide is resonable easy . day light only below 1/2 tide . entrace is getting shallow and ticky with swell and 1/2 tides
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fishcity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 1:15pm
fishcity1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi All
I was involved with MIA/BIA couple years back when we put this web site together to help new boatie's find boat ramps, clubs etc. It has basics covered however it was set up to self generate with you/us all being able to edit and add new ramps and relevant information. 
This might be a good starting point as a database for all to use.

Hope it helps Cheers Ross.

www.discoverboating.co.nz  Click on the "Boating Map" on the right side of page.

http://www.discoverboating.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daphetid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 1:53pm
Daphetid View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by dragwasher dragwasher wrote:

Has anybody used the ramp at Wenderholm regional park? Please share some info.

It's a tricky area if launching any time two hours before and after high tide, if you dont know the estuary.

Around high tide is fine, because you wont encounter the mud banks near the ramp, and shell banks around the river mouth.

Any other time means following the channels through the mud banks, and then the shell bank, heading out.

Heading back in, it's a case of swing right almost to the middle of the estuary where the estuary curves sharp left to avoid the shell bank, and then swing around to left to then hug the left river bank until you just pass the 5km speed sign, and then turn right and aim for the pontoon/wharf.
Mostly this works, until a big storm comes in and messes up everything again. Cry
It is a 5km limit, there are lots of kids about, and snorkellrs, and kayakers, etc. And a rope swing over the deeper channel by the bank.
It's 5km up to the DOC house on the far side of the river, but should be 5km limited beyond this by at least the first marker pole - people swim / wade the river entrance at most tides.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FindangoNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 9:07am
FindangoNZ View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, great resource ... Does anyone have access to that PDF Capt. sensible posted, both the links are dead
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 5:51pm
Fishwhisperer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All,

Just looking for some advice / help with Whagapoua Boat ramp and Bar.

I've read a little about the boat ramp and I've google mapped it but just a bit concerned on the bar.

I have bugger all experience in bar crossing and I am trying to find out how dangerous this one is.  What swell level / direction to steer clear of it and just go for a fish off the rocks.

I have an FC430.

Cheers
Duncan

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 20lbclub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:58am
20lbclub View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Everyone, 
would someone be kind enough to share some information about Mahinepua Beach and its launching capabilities?

Where is the best place to launch off this beach in a 6.7m ali boat? Southern or Northern end
Are the locals friendly enough? Safe parking?

Or

Do we skip this idea and launch of Te Ngaere? 

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards

Haydyn
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 4:01pm
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Te Ngaere for sure, while it is possible to launch from the left hand side of Mahinepua (looking out to sea) the 'locals' can get VERY grumpy if you don't get permission & I wouldn't suggest parking there.

We always us Te Ngaere,  motor round & leave the boat on a mooring for the week we are there
Page  <1 78910>