Ramp And Water Access Data Base

Page  <12345 10>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2007 at 7:49pm
rocko View Drop Down

yep that sums it up as skoti pointed what i missedThumbs%20Up,be cool  at  low water if you have help launching but solo can be a pain,backing a distance with short draw bar like i gotUnhappy but all in  al ive found it close and handy for what i doThumbs%20Up except those big wavesDisapprove
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishabunga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2007 at 9:04pm
Fishabunga View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

TALKING ABOUT RAMPS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN TO THE GREENHITHE RAMP I SUGEST THAT UNLESS YOU HAVE A 4WD THAT YOU AVOID IT ON THE LOWER STAGES OF THE TIDE UNLESS YOU LOVE MUD BATHS.

FISH FIGHT AOTEAROA THE PEOPLES PROTEST
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 6:34pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good idea this, can anyone do one for omaha ramp????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2007 at 7:45pm
rocko View Drop Down

Another good ramp which is all tide ramp is,now closed off @marsden,(card access only )Disapprove straight into deep clear water
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2007 at 7:21pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Omaha Ramp.  Wide open concrete ramp - good for all tides.  No pontoon right by ramp but good sand either side and floating pontoon on very close by jetty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 11:35am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by billfish billfish wrote:

Omaha Ramp.  Wide open concrete ramp - good for all tides.  No pontoon right by ramp but good sand either side and floating pontoon on very close by jetty.

Like Bill says its good for all tides but it's a very shallow ramp to boot. If you retreive your boat at any thing but dead low you'll have to put the back end of your tow vehicle in the salty drink.

I find it best to retreive from the beach at the south side of the ramp if the tide will allow you past the retaining wall, it's got an inch of soft sand then solid underneath, it allows the trailer to drop just that little bit lower in the drink.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 12:49pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Whats the channel like exiting the harbour AC, are ther channel markers clearly showing the way out??? Whats it like approching the entrance from the seaward side in a easterly swell, does the place become a bar????
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2007 at 8:49pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tugboat tugboat wrote:

Whats the channel like exiting the harbour AC, are ther channel markers clearly showing the way out??? Whats it like approching the entrance from the seaward side in a easterly swell, does the place become a bar????

The channel from the ramp isn't really marked but all the big boats moored between there and the wharf at Ti Point will show you where the deep water is. As for the entrance it's well marked Tugboat but there is a catch for young players so to speak - as you exit there are two markers that look as if they mark each side of the channel,  however stay starboard of both markers as they are both green !!

I've seen a few boats pass the first green marker on the rocks at the point and then pass on the port side of the next marker - EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed, BIG BIG "eff of rocks in there eh Bender Confused

There's no bar as such but as for the Easterly swell it can be a right b'stard at low tide if it's big enough, we went out one day last summer after a big blow at dead low tide, as we left the entrance I took my sunnies off to wipe them and then looked up at where I was steering to see a reasonable capper just starting to roll over about 50m in front of us, I had to power in to it or get flipped and we came down pretty hard on the other side - the poor passenger's eyes lit up like a startled possum when he saw it coming towards us, there was a second one right behind it which made my arse twitch I may add, we got out safely in to a 3 meter runner.

I go by the noise at the ramp, if you can hear the surf pounding up the beach while you launch at the ramp chances are it will be rolling up the entrance a bit.

They say "Port to Port" but there ain't no Port side markers ! however coming back is a doddle even in a big swell, I generally head straight for the rock groyne until the outermost starboard marker is directly starboard midships then hook a right hander for entrance.

Watch out in summer for the dick heads on jet skis and ski-ers doing 80kph in and out of the moored boats as you head up the harbour.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 10:51am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Originally posted by A C A C wrote:

[

I've seen a few boats pass the first green marker on the rocks at the point and then pass on the port side of the next marker - EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed, BIG BIG "eff of rocks in there eh Bender Confused

Very true dat. And dem rock don't move no matter how hard you hit them.  Embarrassed
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 8:51pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

way to go guys . most bchs have a harbour master my be a ph number in case help is needed.
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2007 at 10:10pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers AC thats tops mate, all taken onboard, you think that rock would have an isolated danger marker on it..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 8:52am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by tugboat tugboat wrote:

Cheers AC thats tops mate, all taken onboard, you think that rock would have an isolated danger marker on it..

On a low tide you may well see what's left of a few gearboxes stuck in the top of the rock Shocked
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 9:31am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

There's some Yellow paint on it. Came from the bow of my Alli-craft.

There's also the bottom of a Markline 1200 on it from a couple of summers back.

There is quite a bit of room between the bricks if you know what you are doing - but going through the inside of the marker saves about , ohhhh maybe 20 metres - but may result in a trip to the panelbeaters, or worse.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 9:41am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Builder's Skeg is there abouts too.........Ol'e Rockhopper can attest to that Ermm

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 10:05am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Excellent seamanship - going between two green markers! There was only an unmarked pole when I hit the rock, but I was going full noise and saw the rock about 10ft in front of the boat, and there was a pretty fair pucker factor for a milli-second. Amazing how quickly the sphinctorial muscle can contract.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 6:54pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

Excellent seamanship - going between two green markers! There was only an unmarked�pole when I hit the rock, but I was going full noise and saw the rock about 10ft in front of the boat, and there was a pretty fair pucker factor for a milli-second. Amazing how quickly the sphinctorial muscle can contract.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote loryda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2007 at 11:25pm
loryda View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Maraitai Public Ramp

Public most tide ramp, anything above 1/3 tide and you should be able to launch and retrieve off the ramp, if you have a 4wd the beach next to the ramp on the ramp side of the wooden poles has a nice gradient and is usually reasonably solid. The ramp is not very long  but the drop off is unnoticable and has a decent layer of sand over rocky mud, seems now the strocm has deposited stuff up people have launched and retrieved off the flat but you might get your car in the drink.

The ramp itself is wide enough for two boats if someone is impatient but is suited really only for one, there also is no breakwater and an easterly can blow in and make life hard, the latest storm has blown a whole lot of sand into the beach and alot of the rocks have been covered (as well as some of the ramp) but does not cause any real issues. Either side of the ramp as you move down it is munted up concrete walls, youll want to avoid these and stick to the middle of the ramp, the pictures explain it better.

The beach next to it is mostly rock free with a small patch just off the end of the ramp, i normally come in on the beach in line with the wooden poles to avoid anything as ive walked that line and found it clear and can tie up to the poles if im by myself.

Lots of parking with lights and a large turning circle, the ramp is however off a emergency helicopter pad and your not allowed to hang around there for too long (if you see a chopper, move )..

Hope i havent missed anything, if theres any questions just ask..

High Tide:
Low Tide:
Alex.
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free."

-Bill Hicks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BillG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2007 at 8:17am
BillG View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Now thats a ramp and access report!!! great stuff L -

Big%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rockhopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2007 at 10:29pm
Rockhopper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes there is a lump of Builders skeg there Embarrassed There is big ding on a rock which is lying to left of the starboard marks as we came in. We were a couple of meters from the poles and it was low tide with some idiot sitting in a dingy in the middle forcing us to the side of the channel. Angry.  We could start a thread for skegs lost and found Confused
Why does the answer to all government problems involve taking more of my money ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2007 at 5:44pm
The Builder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

fuss up Rocky U did,nt have a clue, (lap top on lap & all )  Wink
 thanks tho for keeping it secret I have since redinged said fixed! skeg.
forgot to lift motor on me beloved club,s ramp ( MBBC ) Embarrassed 

sheez A C   U got a great memory! great day out it was  Thumbs%20Up
Page  <12345 10>