Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: #100
    Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 4:54pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I managed to sneak out on the southside of the peninsular late morning for what I thought was going to be a quick session on the softbaits but after filling up the livie tank 2mins from the ramp I changed my mind and decided to drag a few up to the end of the peninsular.

After an hour of towing I was getting bored and my once lively offerings were now rolling over the surface. One left and out he went on the saltist with a williamson mullet on my other rod set in real close(3m) 20 mins later and the clip pops and my dropback (cheers for the tips baClap) feeds out, with the line came tight. Although it was only 4m deep the fight was pretty easy over the sand. 3 mins later I had a nice king at the boat. after a quick lift with the scales he was put back in the drink. He was a real barrell of a fish going only 1.06cm but 13kg.

#100 for the yearBig%20smile   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 4:57pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

bo salektah!...... Thumbs%20Up.....release clips and dropbacks are the shizzle my nizzle!

congrats on the quick century!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LEVCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:12pm
LEVCAT View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

well done mozz, that's a heck of a lot of kingies in a short amount of time.

excellent!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:15pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Too right kezza. I have had a 100% hookup rate towing livies since I changed to the dropbacks after several bevies with BA. My top secret clips were drews idea and using them towing my bigger game lures on flat lines changed the action dramatically compared to coming off the rod tip and induced the strike from the blue on tuesday...

Certainly learnt alot of things from this site since joining but this year has been where  it has all come together. Go the shoreboys!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:23pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice going on the ton! That's a lot of string pulling by early April.

Per annum?

How do you rig the livie itself these days?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:40pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah Boy ! thats the Gravy

Go

Da

Shoreboys

Clap

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 5:56pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Sheeeeet, that sure is a lot of kingfish.
Well done MozzThumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ab_Fab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 6:22pm
Ab_Fab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice work Mozz!

Sounds like an effort that needs a toast!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pleasedelete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 6:31pm
pleasedelete View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice Mike...100 Not out...ClapClapClap
Nature Has a way of Ironing the Cowboys out..!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 7:59pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on ya mike ...kingies better look out when you get a bigger boat..Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2007 at 8:45pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Another to the tally, well done buddy and love to see the catch and release....dont need em all do we!
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 8:52am
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Espresso Espresso wrote:

How do you rig the livie itself these days?

rubber bands through the eye sockets. better results than dacron......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 9:38am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good stuff mozz. Kingi slayer. Let me know when you need a crew, always kean
Skirt Pulla
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 10:51am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fark! That is one hell of a milestone. Well done
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ritchtheitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 11:24am
Ritchtheitch View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Mozz, nice catches..      I take it you are towing that rubber band on a circle hook? 
for the uninitiated, what's the dropback all about..?  care to talk us thru that..?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 1:09pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I only use 11/0 mustad hoodlum hooks. tried circles but didnt like the hookups on the sub 30lb kings (in other words I couldnt hook em)

Dropback is essentially 5-10m of slack line in the cockpit or dragging in the water. Once the release clip lets go this line feeds out allowing the fish time to munch the bait without feeling the tension of the line.

I think thats how it works. still very new to me so maybe one of the other more experienced fellas could add to what I have written.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 1:28pm
Tomsta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome Going Mozz... Damned Impressive Stuff!!! What would your Hook-up rate of artificial baits compared to livies be....? How many of these 100 would be legal and seeing we are practically neighbours why haven't you dropped off some steaks or taken us out for an after work mish? :) lol
Don't Moan about it, Just Do it!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 1:48pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would say 75ish would have been legal.2 over 25kg 8 over 20kg 48 over 15k and the rest in between

about 50/50 between livies and jigs/raps/sp's/poppers 

I live in a flat, do you really think there is much meat left after an arvo session on the steinysLOL....... I only kept about 8 for the year as I am growing a bit sick of the stuff. curries, pate,smoked, grilled, steamed, baked, fried, bb'q the list goes on.

selling the boat so you may have to take me for after work missions. After all it only takes 1min to get to the ramp and 5 to launch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 2:08pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by mozz mozz wrote:

selling the boat so you may have to take me for after work missions. After all it only takes 1min to get to the ramp and 5 to launch

Selling the boat MozzShocked
Sounds like there's a woman in the equation there somewhereLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Leelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 2:35pm
Leelay View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

now now Uncle don't jump to conclusions he could be upgrading Big%20smile (the boat that is) now Mozz where do you live, I'm still trying to catch my first Kingie, awsome stuff.
Page  12>