Burley Mincers

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burley Mincers
    Posted: 14 Oct 2006 at 12:14pm
3410 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Has anybody out there got any information about where to obtain or make a decent Burley Mincer?
By decent I mean, something that I can feed whole skippies and fish frames complete with heads into!
Even if some kiwi inginuity has to be put into adapting something I will give it a go.  Not really interested in the small mincers you can buy, wanting something with some Tim the Toolman grunt!!!
Can anyone point me in the right direction here... maybe some free burley coming your way if I can get this sorted!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vundu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2006 at 10:07am
Vundu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi 3410

We have mincers in the company I work for, but they might be too big for you. And to build one, that could cost you a fortune. Allone the vital parts like the orga, plates and the knife are very expensive. You could try and contact the food ( meat) industry, they might have an old machine standing arround, or try any auctions and so on. We scrapped one nice machine about two years ago, suitable for a (very) small business.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2006 at 1:16pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mate of mine got a old insinkerator dont know how he set it up for the water side tho but been thinking along same lines
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3410 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2006 at 2:48pm
3410 View Drop Down
New User
New User

Thanks for the reply's guys...
I have heard of people using insinkerators, but I imagine it wouldn't fit a whole fish body without cutting it up first?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2006 at 9:23pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Go to the hirepool and get a small branch chipper.It will do skippies no problem,just fire it up throw the skippie in and stand back...Nah seriously i won a  mince last year and gave it to a guy who motorized it and fitted a gearbox.It has done the rounds in our neighbourhood over the last year and has consumed many skippies.The only set back is you have to defrost them...you need some seriouse torque to do kahawhai tho...
Good luck 3410

PS Its cheaper to buy burley,get a few blokes together to mince burley and youl go thru heaps of beer....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reeco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2006 at 1:45pm
Reeco View Drop Down
New User
New User

I have seen them in some Indian shops. Gonna get one myself.  [Mincer I mean]  Reeco

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2006 at 1:48am
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I got and old school mince mincer hand crank.  And for stubborn "mincie things"  I hand of the crank to turn it.  Works a treat :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SNOWKIWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2006 at 4:02pm
SNOWKIWI View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Found this on Trademe, auction expires 28 December:

Reckon wouldn't be too hard to copy, and make a bigger version!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2006 at 2:04am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Man that has Tim "The tool man" Taylor written all over that bad boy...mooorrree POWER Evil%20Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote slayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2007 at 10:15am
slayliner View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi I have a berley machine it uses a no.32 mincer like the one in the picture above which you can buy from fishing shops etc

Its powered by an electric motor with a reduction box

There are quite a few on trademe now and again

Skippies are no problem but if you do a lot of kys the skin clogs it up and you need to clean it out

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2007 at 10:12pm
rocko View Drop Down

Awsom set up i guees the most expensive part should you use it tho would be the petrol motor,(if you dont allready have one, but looking at that it looks like it would 'nt be that hard to make, ( find  some 1.5mm plate and whers me welder lol )
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote righthook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2007 at 12:18am
righthook View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I heard of a guy using an old petrol lawnmower he had modified.......never saw it buy sure you could do something with one,  cut a hole in the deck add a funnel and have a mulching shield inside for the really big stuff,  Im currently modifying a large manual mincer to run a bendix electric motor and reduction gear, otherwise might try the lawnmower idea Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapper14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 4:53pm
snapper14 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Best one i have seen has just been made by a mate of mine. He has mounted a mower engine on a ply base with a skippy sized chute in the top. He found a straight blade and ground the edges so that they push the skippy down into and thorough a piece of heavy guage mesh that is mounted close to the blade. In prototype stages but has consumed semi frozen skippy no problem at all. He just has to make a base to catch the munched up bits now. All up probably only cost him $120.00
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote righthook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2007 at 5:32pm
righthook View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

would be good if you could post some photos mate, might give it a go if I come across a cheap mower
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapper14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 5:36pm
snapper14 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Will do as soon as he gets it going
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote righthook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 6:23pm
righthook View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cheers snapper Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapper14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 8:54am
snapper14 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

righthook,

i thought i had done this last week but must have stuffed it up???!!!

i haven't forgotten about the photos but the mincer is going through a development process.
i.e. he broke it!!

Motor #1 did not hack the pace so on went a 5hp version. (MORE POWER!!!) This however is still not enough grunt if you want to munch up 6kg snapper frames for shark burley...........

Motor #2 down the tubes after breaking the starter bit through stalling it too many times. This would have been fine for skippies and mackeral though - i think they are a bit softer than snapper heads.

he is now thinking about an electric motor off of his buzzer or similar......scarey stuff but i will keep you updated to progress or not...!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitwaister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 7:04pm
baitwaister View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've made a burley mincer. 8horse motor, down through a six to one, then two to one, doing about 200 rpm at the drum. Makes about 20KG in 10 minutes. You'll lose your fingers if you drop them in. It works well. I can send you pictures if you like.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote baitwaister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 7:06pm
baitwaister View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've made a burley mincer. 8horse motor, down through a six to one, then two to one, doing about 200 rpm at the drum. Makes about 20KG in 10 minutes. You'll lose your fingers if you drop them in. It works well. I can send you pictures if you like.

my email is [email protected]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote felixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2010 at 7:56pm
felixx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post em up here.. that sounds awesome
Originally posted by TG

LMAO felixx, you a sick puppy! hehe
Page  12>