Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  <1 2223242526 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 5:38pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Nakiyak Nakiyak wrote:

Hey Naki Man that bag you got made was it through a company or someone private? Looks very goodThumbs%20Up

Got Di at Dynamic Canvas to make it up

She does a good job - she's usually very busy so don't expect it in a hurry

If you took a patten she would probably make up anything you like
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nakiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 7:35pm
Nakiyak View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great, thanks NM
"Oh it's on.....it's on like donkey kong!"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlyingFishKayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 12:54am
FlyingFishKayak View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Here is a pic of my new kayak before being kitted out for fishing. Will post more as work progresses
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 9:42am
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

And just what is that beast there, FFK? Another jet powered kayak?

DogFish
I only fish on days ending with a "Y"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlyingFishKayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 12:06am
Bronze
Bronze

It is a 4.1m fiberglass sea kayak with a 2.6 hp 4 stroke engine with a prop, in a removable pod. Clip out the petrol motor and clip in a electric one, or a storage pod or a glass bottom pod or a sail and out rigger. Kayak goes on the roof rack (about 19kg) pod goes in the boot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 12:55pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is there a website for them and are they available in NZ?
What's the price tag?

Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlyingFishKayak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2009 at 5:08pm
Bronze
Bronze

all in progress. contact username at sling shot dot co. nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wondaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 7:35pm
wondaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

New,  improved and very red "Turtle Time"  Insulated bag in the back with full length zipper.  Front cover still to come off the sewing machine.  Centre lid designed and fitted by yours truely with added rod holder for the Marlin rod. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nylg1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 7:53pm
nylg1 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have you up graded to the new model wondaboy or did you just take to your blue one with a can of paint? LOL
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.”
― Wernher Von Braun
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2009 at 11:39pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey wondaboy, haven't you heard... WHITE is the new Fast colour - not "recycled red" Tongue

DogFish - Glass is Fast!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RobSchultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 12:03am
RobSchultz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi,

Does anyone own a Ocean Kayak Cabo Tandem Sit On Top Kayak which they have rigged for fishing? If so, do you have any photos of your setup and tips you could please give me?

Thanks,

Rob
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 9:37am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Contact Rob Fort of Coromandel Kayak Safaries.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RobSchultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:12am
RobSchultz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote toaroa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 1:22pm
toaroa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I don't believe I have enough posts to upload a pic the conventional way, but hopefully the above works.

I've had the kayak (a Penguin) for ten years before I thought about fishing off it. If I was ***only*** a yak fisher I might go for a sit-on-top, but saw no point in buying a second yak and the Penguin has some advantages (e.g., I can go a lot further off-shore and in much quicker time than my mates) to go with the disadvantages (e.g., I'll be first to the Hapuku grounds...but what would I do with one if I ever caught it?) I use it for kayak touring more than anything else.

Transducer is Selleys All-Cleared between and behind the rudder pedals. Transducer and power cable go through the deck (x52 requires a 1" hole so I had a few beers before drilling that baby! Power cable then goes through bulkhead to front hatch where SLA battery lives in a plastic container. FF and GPS are removed before surf, but I haven't had any problems thus far (a big thumbs up for LANOX!). RAM mount seems to work well, even if it sometimes seems a bit wobbly. To attach the FF, GPS and lhs rod holder, I used some chopping board as an intermediary - one of three large pieces of such which are starting to take over from the yellow poly.

I must work on the storage side of things - I made a fish stringer which runs from the outside line and through the cooler bag but it's too long... Attached a third snapper to the fish stringer two days ago, dropping it back into the sea and was about to flick it into the bag when.... a shark got all but the head...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nakiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 2:03pm
Nakiyak View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What breed is that kayak Dogfish?
"Oh it's on.....it's on like donkey kong!"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 8:08pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

It's a custom SOT version of an Aussie touring kayak called the Intersea.

Vital statistics:

Length - 5.4 metres
Width  - 540 mm
Weight - 18.85 Kg (this may creep up to 20Kg once fully outfitted) Star

Speed - about 50% faster than a Prowler Elite, which must equate to 100% faster than a Viking Profish by my calculation. Wink LOL

Definitely not a kayak suitable for anchoring up and bottom fishing, but should be excellent for general touring and at trolling for Tuna, Kingfish, MahiMahi, and the like.

DogFish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wondaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:00pm
wondaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

[QUOTE= DogFish - Glass is Fast!  QUOTE]

Glass is A**E!!!!!LOLEvil%20Smile

Seriously tho..  Nice looking craftClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:03pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by DogFish DogFish wrote:

It's a custom SOT version of an Aussie touring kayak called the Intersea.

Vital statistics:

Length - 5.4 metres
Width  - 540 mm
Weight - 18.85 Kg (this may creep up to 20Kg once fully outfitted) Star

Speed - about 50% faster than a Prowler Elite, which must equate to 100% faster than a Viking Profish by my calculation. Wink LOL

Definitely not a kayak suitable for anchoring up and bottom fishing, but should be excellent for general touring and at trolling for Tuna, Kingfish, MahiMahi, and the like.

DogFish

Dogfish you must be Australian - cause you're dreaming mate

An Eco Bezhig is only 35 to 40% faster than a fish n dive
An Eco Bezhig would be faster than a Kaskasi
Therefore it (Intersea). would only be about 20% faster than the Prowler
Don't know where you get your figures fromWinkLOL
LOL
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DogFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 10:47pm
DogFish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

[/QUOTE]Dogfish you must be Australian - cause you're dreaming mate

An Eco Bezhig is only 35 to 40% faster than a fish n dive
Don't know where you get your figures from[/QUOTE]

Hah... figures? There's no comparison to the Ecobezig.

580mm width versus 540mm... Thumbs%20Down
27Kg weight versus 18.85Kg...             Thumbs%20Down
Flexible poly plastic versus rigid slippery glass... Thumbs%20Down

Don't blink Nakiman... or you'll miss me paddling past! Big%20smile Tongue Big%20smile

DogFish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2009 at 11:52pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Actual race figures - not figures derived from the sleep zone

Multi sport  1:28:30

Eco Bezig  1:46:16

Kaskazi   2:00:51

Fish N Dive  2:19:00   (previous year with the river running 15minutes slower)

I'll stop and tip you back up the right way when a Gurnard tips you outLOL

Page  <1 2223242526 33>