Rigged Kayak photo's

Page  <1 2122232425 33>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 10:28pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice.  Like the gap under the seat.  Hate sitting in cold water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 10:29pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice.  Like the gap under the seat.  Hate sitting in cold water.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kai yak fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 7:35am
kai yak fisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

ya i stay dry most of the time. best thing is seat only cost me $6.95 and a bit of time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote biggear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 8:00am
biggear View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice rig Ben. See you in a cpl weeks.
Dont let the grey hair fool you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shanedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2008 at 6:03am
Shanedog View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Nemo 2+1 is still very much a work in progress, with only the basics being added so far, but what a difference a few basic bits and pieces can do to make your day on the water more enjoyable.
Two flush mounts at the back, and a Scotty up front so far, with plans on another Scotty soon, closer to my seat, and a running rig system will be added asap also.
No plans for a fishfinder in the near future, but i'm sure that will happen sooner or later.
Rod leashes were added last week, after I spent 30min's in the surf wading around, before finding one of my rodsLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2008 at 7:33pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a bit of a play with installing a camera mount

I stole a mount off an unused camera stand added a few bits and bobs. Has a quick release and folds down out of the way - any camera or video will fit on.

Bring on the game fishBig%20smile

Thought I'd post my front bag. Took in a patten to a local and they zapped it up for $107.00.
It's a full bag, so no leaky juices and you can fill it with ice. Got them to run a seam so I can slide in a aluminum bar so that water doesn't sit on the top and a zip in the front

Zipped up and domed down for a surf trashing

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 4:30pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Top work there Naki man! Can see a few of those units being shipped up this way.
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 5:30pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi NM
Nice job Sir! Any plans for a rear well one????
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 8:40pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Yak fisher

I prefer to use a chillie bin in the back well, however I can't see why you couldn't do something similar. Another thought I had was to form a hard top with a hinged lid and attach canvas to the underside to form the bottom i.e a hard topped canvas bag

The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 10:19pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Naki man Naki man wrote:

Hi Yak fisher

I prefer to use a chillie bin in the back well, however I can't see why you couldn't do something similar. Another thought I had was to form a hard top with a hinged lid and attach canvas to the underside to form the bottom i.e a hard topped canvas bag

Yes NM that would be good, but, I would love to be able to have a safe loading rear well area that does not leak (i.e scuppers bunged) and not have worry about it filling up with water if enclosed. Come on you guys we are nearly there in terms of, safe stowage and keeping the catch in good condition. A chillie bin does not work up here as the average catch is quite big (depending on where you go and what your aim is).
Are the zips on your front bag waterproof? If so that would be a great rig for the rear.
Have a great New Year you Naki guys.
Cheers
Karl
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 8:30am
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I can fit 10 pannies in my chillie bin, with a bit of spare room for some gurnys and ice. I can also fit in a 20lb snappaBig%20smile as the bin is quite tall

Have a great New Year guys

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:11am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I have yet to see anything to beat a chillybin for safe fish storage in hot weather.    I have just bought a new thin walled, hinged lid 45litre made by Rubbermaid which is currently on special for $60.    It fits perfectly into the P13 rear well.   All I have to work out now are the tiedowns.    

Good on you NM for putting your brains behind an improved well cover as the commercially available ones are just a joke of a design and not worth having.  

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carl hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 10:28am
carl hurley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hi finished my kayak late with the photos because havent caught any fish did get a bite at waikawau on sunday soft bait fishing new to me it goes well fallen out once found some leaks havent got the drainage quite right. because its heaver goes more through waves as over like a fiberglass boat compared to a tinny
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 1:31pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I admire the work that has gone into this beast. Well done.

I for one do not have the testicular fortitude to implement such a modification to my beloved yak
Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 5:57pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A lot of thought  gone into that Carl - you could leave home in that - well done.

Hope it brings you many fish

Do you shift the scottys from the back to the front when in fish mode? - what are the other two holders

Did you make all the gears yourself. i.e. the bars etc - are they stainless

What did you need a trailer for - you'd be able to rip it down to the beach with that toy in the backgroundBig%20smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote carl hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 6:28pm
carl hurley View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the two middle scottys move to the front the others are to keep the rods out of the way made everything stainless not the stainless welding still learning the merlo gets stuck to easy so wouldnt be that good have made a roof rack for the ute with electric winch whole thing just slides up like a boat trailer got rollers and everything
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 9:03pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm not impressed!!!! Where is the flat white maker?????LOL
That's one hell of a Yak DIY job mate well done. Is that a GT seat?
Where do you stow your catch?
Those graphics, did you do them your self or order them, just that I am looking for an economical way to print club yak logo's.

Keep us posted on your trips and findings!
Cheers
Karl in Whangarei
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2009 at 11:37pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Raindow, am in the market for a new chilly myself. who's got the rubbermaids on special at the mo?
Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 9:44am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Hi Nubee   I got mine for $60 (down from $90) from PayLessPlastic at the Waiwhakaiho Shopping Centre.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nakiyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 3:35pm
Nakiyak View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Naki Man that bag you got made was it through a company or someone private? Looks very goodThumbs%20Up
"Oh it's on.....it's on like donkey kong!"
Page  <1 2122232425 33>