Shogun burnt out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shogun burnt out.
    Posted: 15 May 2006 at 11:31pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jut heard today the vanuatu charter boat, a blackwatch, "Shogun" burnt to the waterline in Vila harbour. The skipper was having a drink at the bar with the days fishermen, including Grant Dixon, NZFN editor, when smoke was seen coming from the boat, a soon it was an inferno. No-one was aboard, but the boat is 100% burnt out. even worse, all Grants camera gear was still aboard the boat, so it was a total waste of the whole trip for him!

Sorry to hear it, I am sure those boats would have been fully booked for this time of year too.

Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:25am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Told Koro to be careful where he flicked those smoke butts.
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:31am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hell thats no good wonder if Koro was praying in the pit like he did on the goose.

hope she was all insured, bummer for sure.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 8:18am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Does anyone know if that was indeed Koro and co's ride ?
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 3:05pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

any new news guys?

I pitty those involved, hope it wasnt  from human error.

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 5:50pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah, that would be a bummer. Ive went to Vanuatu last year and we tied up beside Shogun in Port Vila. I doubt if they would even have a fire truck there. Things are fairly primitive. Aside from that they really looked after us and the fishing was awesome!!!
FISHING.NET.NZ SHIRT CREATOR EXTRODINAIRE. ORDER YOURS TODAY.........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeLBoY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 6:13pm
DeLBoY View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

who was the skipper? my mate matt smith is working there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2006 at 8:10pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

amazing amount of inaccuraces there Capt. A?

Delboy - Matty was indeed the skipper....full credit on the end result to the young fella! his ol' man should be mighty proud!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2006 at 6:38am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

capt....bender has put piccies up under the shogun fire thread
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeLBoY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 7:35pm
DeLBoY View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah caught up wif matty a few days ago real bummed aye. bruce is on his way to vanu now should have a blast
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 7:17am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi .Have just heard that Shogun was still 3 miles out to sea coming home when the fire started in engine room. Put liferaft out and within 2 mins the whole boat was well alight,Matt Watson was on flying bridge with clears around him burning so he jumped for it.Took 40 mins for coastguard to get to them and they rammed Shogun and sunk it on the spot.It was burnt to the water line. The boys had just lost a Blue marlin and Grant had some great footage but they lost everything in the blaze. Lucky to get with their lives i would say. Extinguisers couldnt put out blaze so must have been pretty bad.

We like HOT fishing but not this hot

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 7:26am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hahahahahahahahaha......

Kaveman.....Matt was on a golf course drinking pina coladas with me at the time.....a few of the other details are close to being correct thou.

hahahahahahahaha....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 12:12pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Kezza..Must have been another Matt on board then.

Just glad that no one got hurt.

Cheers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 1:33pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

more than likely Capt. Matt Smith bruv.....and as far as i was told everyone including the skipper had bailed by the time the flames reached the super structure.....

will the real Shogun Burning story - please stand up, please stand up?

Next issue of the New Zealand Fishing News will have the good oil I assure you.

churrrr