Spots around Mangawhai

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spots around Mangawhai
    Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 12:25am
Jordo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm heading up to Mangawhai Wednesday around 4pm and would appreciate a little help from any of you guys who might know a few spots to start with.

I've got a 15' Fleetline and a 2 wheel drive 2 litre car.  Just picked up a new Corvalus 400 snapper rig and put a 125 yd top shot of Fireline on another light rig I've got. Picked out some softees and those funny shaped hooks and looking forward to giving this SP lark a serious tryout.

So come on people, share those sure fire spots. If you don't see this till after 4 on Wed, call on (09) 5255-322 and my landline will divert to mob.

Thanks in advance, will post results after I get back on Monday or Tuesday.  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deltadreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 7:10am
deltadreams View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Jordo

once out of the heads, head sou east to Te Ari Point and hit 30 mtr mark, try you luck there, often do very well along the beach/point in that area not big fish but who knows wots there, watch the wind etc

tight lines  DD

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 4:39pm
Jordo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for that DD. Anyone else? Delayed til 5.30 now or call on the number above or text to 027 499-6612
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 5:14pm
jerm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fish there a fair bit mate - firstly go and see Brian from Mangawhai Tackle as he gets the oil all the time. Was there a few weeks ago and MaGregors Rock was firing.....over the bar turn left and once you reach the slip (hard to miss) head out to the 100ft mark and follow it left - you'll probably see other boats on it...take livies with you and drift over the rock....failing that go in close to Bream Tail burley hard and be patient....a very underated area in my humble opinion.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jordo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 6:32pm
Jordo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks jerm, off now, finally. Will try all those, I've got 4 days at least, maybe 5.

Hopefully will have a huge report for Mon/Tues?