Mahi Mahi in Auckland!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mahi Mahi in Auckland!
    Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Was lucky enough to stumble upon a school of Mahi Mahi the other weekend out west. Damn tasty fish these things are!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Clutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 8:19pm
Clutch View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Amazing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:20pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Always wanted to catch one of them.

Where do you get such nice weather, by the way? Whenever I get a chance to go out the weather seems to be ****.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool vid and yes I agree they are tasty critters.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:21am
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks guys. Brmbrm - this is fishing out of Port Waikato... days like this weather wise are pretty few and far between on the west coast but I've manipulated my life to be able to take advantage of more of those days :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 7:57pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top vid well put together. Day to remember that's for sure. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Days like that you really do feel lucky to be alive :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:04pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very good Clap Would love to catch a mahi mani off the ski with light tackle rather than haul one in on my mate's boat with marlin gear Sleepy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Awesome fish to see. They are so cool - pictures & video don't do them justice. Great stuff as always Coxie.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 8:49am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool day.
Can you use the drone to find or re find schools of fish?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 9:21am
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Steps - that is something I have thought about a few times... the problem was always that I fly the drone with my phone so a very small screen makes it hard to see, although I think it is now possible for me to connect my drone to my 12" fish finder screen and view the drone with that... would be very cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 10:36am
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great video - and well done. Best eating fish - in the tropics at least. They freeze well as well - several weeks in freezer, come out fresh. Cool to catch them here.
Hmm, I wonder if in 5 yrs we see a squadron of drones flying ahead of game boats? Bumble bees of the sky.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 2:38pm
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for sharing your adventures Coxie. Most enjoyable 👍
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I know nothing about drones, let alone that you can control from a cell phone. If can control from cell, is it wireless or blue tooth?
And can they also be controlled from a tablet?
Bigger screen?
Put into a zip lock bag or vac paced (I have done both) for the day... Even vac pac with external battery.. For couple days
I have upgraded my old Huawei android 4.2 7inch because battery doesn't hold charge well any more to elcheapo levetos a 7 inch and a 10 inch to run Navionics in the boat now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 7:55pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well it has a controller that plugs into the phone... and uses the phone screen to give you a view from the camera on the drone. Yes a larger tablet could be used