Giant Trevs from the North

Post Options Post Options   Likes (8) Likes(8)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giant Trevs from the North
    Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 5:24pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Just got back from our far North annual fishing trip - on our last couple trips we have caught some nice big Trev's in the boat but this time I got a stonker while surfcasting spot X 

The first morning I was lucky enough to land what I would say would be my PB Trev from the sand.

3 days later I never thought I would beat that PB - while waiting for the tiki to soak I always flick a few baits while waiting and once again hooked up to a donkey Trev off the sand, this fish was around 80cm and by the weight of it could have been up close to around 10kilo maybe at a guess...

I caught a few others which weren't half bad as well

Pure NZ magic

My first mornings catch

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:09pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice going mate
what was the bait used
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:34pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow! Huge Trevs  Jase!Thumbs UpMust of been one hell of a  scrap landing them. liked.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 9:20am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Holy!!! Great effort mate!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan syme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:22pm
alan syme View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Good work, as has been said, would have been some solid fights with those!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Stomper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 10:43am
Rock Stomper View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Massive Trevs from the beach! Well done
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nzfishwhisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2019 at 4:42pm
nzfishwhisperer View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

BananaBoatnice going mate what was the bait used

*Mostly on Pillie but got the biggest on a fresh piece of Kahawai...

Snappa GeoffWow! Huge Trevs  Jase!Thumbs UpMust of been one hell of a  scrap landing them. liked.....

*Cheers Geoff - yip was a lot of fighting fun Big smile

Reel DealHoly!!! Great effort mate!

*Cheers man

alan symeGood work, as has been said, would have been some solid fights with those!

*Yea man was a lot of fun and plenty of fighting off the sand

Rock StomperMassive Trevs from the beach! Well done

Yip a couple of beasts 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 9:13am
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

to many land marks lol